Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

An Instance Browser

by Participant diresub on ‎04-20-2017 07:49 PM

Hi,

I am missing an Instance Browser which allows to access the created instances directly.

There would be an "Instances" subcategory in the Project Browser.

Let's say I created a cube by extrusion.  The corresponding instance then could be found and selected under a path like this:

Project Browser > Instances > Solids > Extrusion > Cube Instance 1

and its instance and type properties etc. could be edited directly...

Faster Fills and Masks - AutoTrace

by Advocate jkucia on ‎06-28-2016 05:25 AM

I'd like to see a smart/faster way to create fills and regions.  I have my odd shape, bordered by lines, and I'd like to fill it.  Normally I would have to re-create the same odd shape in order for my fill to, well, fill it.

Wouldn't it be great if, when creating fills and masks, maybe even slabs or other types of objects, if I could click inside an enclosed region and the fill automatically picks up its edges from the edges of the region? 

For instance, if I want to add a special mask to this Callout head.  I'd need a handful of steps to get the mask to fill the circle properly.  What if, instead, I click the Mask tool, and before I start drawing I hold down the shift or ctrl key to change it to auto-fill, and then click once in the white space of the Head?  In this case I would only get half a mask - I should be able to just as easily add to the same mask I just created.  Maybe right-click on the new mask, select "Add To Region," and as long as the new fill touches or overlaps the old fill I can shift-click the other half of the Head and get a full-circle mask?

YES, I KNOW: this isn't the best example, a circular mask is available with maybe two clicks, but think about that time you had a million little jogs in your fill and it took forever to trace out.  Now imagine Revit doing all that work for you. 

0 Kudos

Hi @ all !

Status qou: Placing a new elevation view. This view will be named automaticly as (in German Language Version) "Ansicht - 1" or in (English Language Version) "elevation - 1"

Now German Language Version of Revit is installed and a Project will take place in non German Language area. Every Elevation View has to be renamed manually. Smiley Frustrated

How it could be: New Drop-Down-Menue for View-Naming as Project-Default-Setting. First Line: Individual Input, second Line: Standard Name (e.g. "Elevation"), third Line: Last Input (e.g. "Ansicht") and so on.

Attached a Proposal for the Drop-Down-Menue.

Please do the something similar for section views (see next Idea ;) )

Kind regards,

Bernhard

One of those minor annoyances; when opening a Revit 2016 workshared file in Revit 2017, the file needs upgrading to version 2017. And when it's upgrading, a window about the central file being moved or something like that, pops up behind the upgrade window, and is waiting for a mouse click. If you're not aware of that, upgrading can take a loooong time...

So please, if a message needs user intervention, please make sure it's displayed in the foreground?

Room reference visibility

by Explorer escanlon on ‎02-16-2017 07:45 AM

It would be a great time saver and very helpful to have a single button (perhaps on the lower tool ribbon) where one can turn on the visibility of the room 'reference' marks.   Sure, you can turn them on via visibility graphics, but it is a three step process.   When working in plan and section, it is difficult to grab the room unless you happen to hover over the reference mark.   I find myself turning these on and off frequently.   A simple shortcut button would be great!  

Often when linking in models you get a second set of grids with bubbles. Usually I turn them off by managing worksets and closing the grids workset.  Alternatively you can go VG and turn off grids in the revit linked view. 

There should be a view option to just "show grids in my model only"  

Project Family Pallettes

by Explorer BrianZuzik on ‎02-06-2017 12:00 PM

Simliar to Autocad Architecture, as the BIM manager I would like the design teams to choose only approved families from a central design location. In autocad Architecture I could create custom project pallettes and push to the design teams, and update dynamically. This would also include a feature to reload a family in this project pallette and push to specified links, thus saving time from having to open in each link and reloading for minor changes in titleblocks mostly, but applies to all family types.

Center of gravity

by Advocate gatis on ‎11-21-2016 05:31 AM

It would be nice if we have ability to find center of gravity, it is very important for prefabrication elements (element material density must be taken into acount). Initially it could be simplifyed (rebars doesn't be taken into account, any other hosted elements) for calculation valid elements could be only standard columns, walls, stuctural framings. There is a lot of users who wants this feature, see pots. Topic 1 , Topic 2 or others.

0 Kudos

Exporting 3D-vieuws more

by Explorer pbrughuis on ‎09-07-2016 11:00 PM - last edited on ‎09-07-2016 11:09 PM |

Hello,

If we are exporting 3D-vieuws, we exporting one by one.

There is no option to export more 3D-vieuws.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.

Integrated Keynote Manager

by Participant brandongarrett6926 on ‎04-21-2017 06:43 AM - last edited on ‎04-21-2017 06:43 AM |

We need a fully integrated and robust keynote management interface built into Revit. Why are we having to rely on 3rd party applications, excel or a basic note editor for something that is fundamental to the process of creating a set of drawings?

0 Kudos
Question: Why are the wall 'base' constraints located 'above' the 'top' constraints in the Properties Palette? This is thoroughly non-intuitive. Why would we locate the 'base' above the 'top' in the Palette? Is there some 'special' logic for this? I adjust both top and base constraints during any given wall placement/configuration (as these settings always resort back to 'defaults' rather than remembering my most current constraint settings - can this be changed in the future?). And, needing to look quickly to the palette to adjust the constraints, I am forever confused by this upside-down configuration. Surely, the top should be at the top, and the base should be below the top. (Perhaps one imagines that we begin by building the wall from the base upward to the top, thus the first choice reading down the Palette are the base constraints - whoa!) Thank you in advance to any Jedi who may be able to shed light on this. In a future release, may the 'Top' constraints be relocated to be above the 'Base' constraints in the Properties Palette?

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.

Buenas,

quisiera saber si AutoDesk tiene pensado en algún momento permitir trabajar en 3D en perspectiva cónica. Hasta donde yo se, actualmente solo es posible trabjar en perspectiva paralela. Las vistas con cámara son imágenes fijas para presentaciones, pero no para trabajar.

Como diseñador, echo en falta poder meterme dentro de los espacios y ver desde un punto de vista de persona la calidad de ese espacio. Esto es algo que permite Sketchup y para mi lo hace muy atractivo a la hora de diseñar.

Como arquitecto, creo que Revit no será una herramienta de diseño completa hasta que no permita trabajar/modelar en perspectiva cónica.

Gracias y un saludo,

Victor Fuentes

English

I want to figure out a problem when I insert a topography points file in a geolocalised file.

In fact when I insert thus points, they are based on the origine point of Revit instead of the Survey point. For the moment the only solution is to substract the Survey point's coordinates to the importing points.

So, it will be better if we have an option to select the origin of the importing point usch as base point or Survey point instead of the origine point of Revit.

French

Lors de l’insertion d’un plan topographique avec des points géo-référencés, ces derniers prennent pour origine l’origine de Revit. Il serait bien d’avoir une option qui permette de sélectionner l’origine d’insertion des points (point de base de projet ou point topographique). Pour l’instant la solution est de soustraire aux coordonnées des points topographiques à importer les coordonnées du point topographique de Revit.

Macro Recording Function

by Explorer NJardine on ‎10-27-2016 09:06 AM - last edited on ‎02-09-2017 07:25 PM |

Loads of other software have Macro record functions, to automate repetitive actions that are required. why doesn't Revit do this to help speed up these mundane tasks?

I need to create a generic annotation family that includes text and/or labels.

I want the text to centered exactly. Currently the best that I can do is to "eye-ball" the location of the text.

Each text element should have a vertical and a horizontal reference plane. Then I could align the text to reference planes within the family.

If the text is set to vertical alignment of "Centered" then the horizontal reference plane would be through the vertical center of the text. If the text is set to vertical alignment of "Bottom" then the reference plan would be through the bottom of the text.

Similar for the horizontal alignment.

Proposed Workflow:
Place text. Click "Align" on the Modify tab. Select a reference plane or reference line. Select the vertical reference plan of the text. Select another reference plane or reference line then select the horizontal reference plane of the text.

Ellipse offset to be an editable element

by Advocate yavork on ‎10-05-2016 09:01 AM - last edited on ‎10-06-2016 07:39 PM |

It is year 2016 and still if you offset an ellipse you are presented with un-editable object? Cannot trim it, cannot split it , cannot move the endpoints...

Please adjust those basic editing editing toold

Dear Team,

Like any usual my Revit day, i am trying to export particular sheet from Revit model to CAD.

I doesnt have set. again its not easy make set for every day requirements.

I would suggest to have the more easy option to select the sheet from few hundred available sheet.

Like filter by drawing type, or filter by drawing series, can be like filter or grouping option like schedule.

Cheers,,,

Regards

Sheik Uduman

BIM Coordinator

Website www.rsp.ae

Address 3503 Marina Plaza, Dubai Marina, Dubai, UAE, Po Box 261418

Exporting Window.jpg

0 Kudos

Allow Copy/Monitor REFERENCE PLANES

by Mentor on ‎08-03-2016 07:32 AM

I have a few REFERENCE PLANES in one revit file.  That file is then linked into another Revit model.

I want the abilty to COPY/MONITOR the reference planes into the second model.  Currently the closest I can do is to use a GRID line -- but I do not want grid lines in either file.

The option to show A360 projects as a list

by Autodesk Support on ‎06-22-2016 08:15 AM - last edited on ‎03-07-2017 05:16 PM |

When users go to Manage A360 Models, the projects are displayed in a grid. If they are members of a number of projects, they could end up scrolling to find their project.

A list would be faster.

2016-06-22_1111.png

0 Kudos

View Rotation Setpoints

by Observer runyon42 on ‎08-23-2016 03:17 PM

Hello,

Can Revit sustain view setpoints in the #d views? Is so, then ignore this idea...however, all of my research says it cannot. Free rotate is great, however, it isn't precise or exact. And when presenting designs, it is nice to be able to select more than isometric views offered on the view cube. Many other softwares offer view rotation via keyboard arrow keys. They are defaulted to 15 degree increments, however, there are usually options adjust the increment value. This allows very good view control that comes in handy when presenting a model. Not to mention, navigating a model would be much easier if I didn't have to reach over to a view cube or handle an additional 3d mouse.

Thanks for the consideration. Every user on the planet will enjoy this feature on the currently unused arrow keys as almost every parametric modeling and BIM software out there uses it, except for Autodesk products.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube