Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

API access to "Transfer Project Standards"

by Contributor harmenverburg on ‎02-21-2017 03:51 AM - last edited on ‎02-21-2017 03:53 AM |

To easily retrieve elements in another projects the Manage -> Transfer Project Standards functionality is very useful. Also from API perspective this can be very handy, if certain View Templates or other elements are missing. Currently there are some workarounds, but I'm sure API access to this functionality is much easier to handle transfering all elements of a certain Category.

Also registered as CF-4242 [API wish: transfer project standards].

Draw at Midpoint

by Enthusiast craighygh on ‎02-20-2017 07:52 AM

Please provide an option (for walls, lines, etc) to draw at midpoint.

You could start the function, then select the two parallel walls or lines, and a wall or line would be created matching the extent of the original objects, and of the type in the type type properties. This opens the door to then have multiple segments. So you could change the option from 1 line to 6, etc.

Thank you for your consideration.

Make Tags Smarter

by Contributor SashKaz on ‎02-15-2017 12:11 PM

Tags need a little help. For example

1. We need to be able to stretch a keynote tag, or a multi-category tag so that we can wrap the text. Having to create multiple Types for small, medium, and large is too much work. Give us the ability to add multiple leaders to these tags

2. We should be able to add Parameters to some tags, like Section Tags, and have them show up when loaded. I have found that some tags will not carry this data forward when loaded into a project.

3. Key Schedule Shared Parameters to happen so that we can add this info to tags. Would greatly help with Occupancy Calculations.

4. I am sure I am missing a lot more here. Feel free to add to this list.

Sash Kazeminejad

Ideate, Inc

Pop out 3D window

by Observer dan.barnes on ‎02-08-2017 01:32 AM

It would be great if you could have a live 3D view in a separate pop out window so that it can be moved around independently of the Revit window. I find having the 3D view open in a window tile situation very awkward to use.
Currently Revit supports the ability to pop out the properties palette and project browser and this is extremely useful, especially when using Revit on dual monitors.

When Expanding a warning, it would be great if we can click to highlight and select the actual element ID #, so that we can search for it. Better yet, make the "show in the model" feature available!

ID.JPG

*.RFA Viewer and Organizer

by Collaborator filipefrancisco on ‎02-14-2017 02:38 AM

Create na *.RFA stand alone Viewer and Organizer, to organize the revit families, classifications, levels of details, etc...

Hi Fellow Reviteers,

I was wondering how many of you out there get frustrated when you are working in a schedule and you don't have the ability to 'tile' the windows in your project.

I use the shortcut to get my tiles 'WT', I think this is the default shortcut, but for some reason it doesn't work from a schedule view. Is it just me?

I find this frustrating, how about you?

More Advanced Filters

by Contributor brunelli.b on ‎02-17-2017 05:36 AM

I'd like to see more advanced functions of filters in a view. It would be good to be able to set a filter to override the colors of components that are above or below the cut plane in a plan view. Also, it would be good to apply a color filter to underlay views. Also, it would be good to be able to delete filters in bulk from the list of filters in a project. Right now they need to  be deleted one at a time and this is very time consuming.

It will be great if we can have an option to change the detail level of particular elements in a view. It will give us more control to show some of the elements as want to see in the views without changing the detail level of the whole view. It will eliminate some of the part plan/detail view for some of the areas and save us some time.

It will be ideal for piping drawings; in which we can set up the detail level as "Fine" for vertical pipes/risers, so it will show the actual space taken by the pipe in the shaft, and the detail level for all other piping on a plan can be set as "Medium", so all other piping will show up as single line in the view, hence it will eliminate the requirement of showing separate shaft detail on a separate view.

Override Graphics - Detail Level.jpg

Trust your users

by Participant NateBrush on ‎02-14-2017 07:51 AM

1. Allow users to place annotation families in elevation views of families. We're smart. We know what we want to be annotative.

2. Don't constrain what users can do with families by only allowing certain permissions within family categories, especially annotating. We're smart. We know what we need our families to do.

3. Provide us the tools to put our best foot forward. We're professional. We want our drawings to be professional, too.

Viewport draw order

by Advocate casquatch on ‎02-13-2017 09:56 AM

I'd like the ability to adjust the draw order of viewports placed on a sheet. In some instances we will "stack" viewports on a sheet in order to get a look for a specific plan. The order in which the views are placed on the sheet effects how they are printed. Rather than removing the views and then placing them on the sheet in the proper printing order, I'd like to just be able to select one and move it to the back, etc.

Align Section Lines

by Participant SeanWitheFSL on ‎01-31-2017 04:02 AM

I think it would be a good idea to be able to align a section view to a line already in the drawing. This would save time rather than using the rotation tool.

Allow schedules to display multi-line input properly

by Advocate Kevin.Bell on ‎02-07-2017 03:03 AM - last edited on ‎02-07-2017 03:04 AM |

When inputting information into a Revit schedule, if you want to input multiple lines (not wrapped text) into the cell you can press Shift - Return.

When the schedule is placed on a sheet, its displayed correctly and multiple lines can be seen.

But when editting the schedule in a schedule view Revit will only display the first line, there is no ability to expand the row.

Schedule example.JPG

This makes it difficult and confusing to work with the informaiton - its easy to miss and delete.

The schedule view should be able to cater for multi-line input just like it does when placed on a sheet.

Room reference visibility

by Explorer escanlon on ‎02-16-2017 07:45 AM

It would be a great time saver and very helpful to have a single button (perhaps on the lower tool ribbon) where one can turn on the visibility of the room 'reference' marks.   Sure, you can turn them on via visibility graphics, but it is a three step process.   When working in plan and section, it is difficult to grab the room unless you happen to hover over the reference mark.   I find myself turning these on and off frequently.   A simple shortcut button would be great!  

Split Spline Lines

by Observer khobbie4K983 on ‎02-06-2017 09:25 AM

I think in the next version of Revit or the next update we should be able to use the split element tool on Splines. Having to re-draw two splines that match the original can create design errors.

Drag View From Sheet to Sheet

by Explorer tvetter on ‎02-02-2017 02:45 PM

It would be handy if you could drag and drop views that are placed on a sheet to another sheet from window to window without having to use the project browser.  

Improve the Project Browser

by Advocate Kevin.Bell on ‎01-29-2017 01:25 AM

The project browser has been around for ages with virtually no changes or improvements, its high time it was replaced with a more modern user interface.

There are a lot of new features which could be added, these include:

- Separate out the family and Sheets nodes to separate tabs.

- Instant filter search

- Ability for sheet numbers to be made up from multiple fields

- Ability to press a button and find the currently open view.

- A button to quickly toggle views not on sheets.

I'm sure you could think of other improvements to add...

Ctrl + Left Arrow will reselect the previous selection. It would be nice if holding Ctrl and pressing Left Arrow multiple times would allow a user to cycle through previous selections.

Reasoning: After selecting several items and making some changes to them, if I accidentally click another item while checking the changes, then I can't reselect the several items if I need to make additional changes.

There are many functions that have dialogs that I'd rather not see over and over again.

I'd like to see a "Don't show me this again" box on them to suppress the dialog on the future.

Some examples (but I'm sure there are many more):

- Open dialog: Audit "This can take a long time"

- Bind Link: "This file is over 10 Meg"

This is one of those things we've been dealing with for so long ("that's just the way it is"), I didn't even think to wish for until now (when I saw that Bluebeam can do it): remove a selected leader (instead of just the last one created).

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube