Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

We have a few projects that have multiple buildings and some of the buildings panelboards are fed from other buildings panelboards within the project. Each building is set up as it's own Revit project.  It would be nice if we could link in the project that has it's panelboard fed from the current projects panelboard, copy/monitor the panelboard and have the loads from that panelboard follow through to the current project.  Also to maintain the relationship between these panelboards so if the panelboard loads change from the project being fed from the current projects panelboard, the loads would update accordingly.

Currently we create a "dummy" panelboard in the current project and then create "dummy" electrical connectors for each phase of the panelboard.  We then circuit the "dummy" panelboard to the panelboard in the current project that its being fed from.  But if the loads change in the panelboard being fed from the current project, they have to be manually updated in the current project.

To me, reveal hidden elements does not really reveal hidden elements. Sure, it reveals elements that were turned of categorically and individually, but what about those that were turned off via Workset or Filter or by other means? Reveal Hidden Elements does not do that.

In addition to the following requests on this forum:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/reveal-overridden-elements/idi-p/6364095

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/visually-differentiate-manually-hidden-elements-from-hidd...

I think Reveal Hidden Elements needs to go further. Perhaps something similar to the Worksharing Display where it color codes elements that are hidden by category, individually, workset, filter, etc. 

Feel free to add to this if you like

In creating views and dragging them onto the sheets.  When we have a big project and whenever we select a view or open a view from the section symbol, the project browser will expand (if it's collapsed) and show that view (in bold) so we can easily identify the view that needs to be dragged onto the sheets.  At present, it does bold the view, but we need also need it to jump to whichever view is currently selected in the main working screen.  Otherwise, we have to scan up and down to see a view that's in bold.  Ideally, if we can highlight it, that would help greatly too.

Wish list for an ability to import/export filters between revit models.

It would be nice to have MEP connectors be available for connection in a linked model. Also, these connectors should be able to be added to a system or circuit. There are many projects where mechanical, electrical and plumbing are split into multiple models in various ways. It would be helpful to have the same system creation functionality across linked models.

Tray tag - Fix the horizontal and vertical control button

by Advocate scott.dakin on ‎01-30-2017 11:56 AM - last edited on ‎01-30-2017 12:06 PM |

Cable Tray tags can only be vertical when you are working in section.

When multiple trays are run vertically tagging them neatly is very difficult.

The vertical/horizontal control button is there but it doesn't do anything

Fix:

Make Tray tags work like other tags so they can be changed from vertical to horizontal as desired

Here's the thing, we model our MEP pipes correctly as they appear in real life, some times they are stacked vertically.

Don't shoot me... but we need to show these pipes in 2D on our plans (I know, I know....)

rather than having to force an 3D view or section to show the stack, it would be fantastic if we can show the 2D line work in an offset array depicting the stack (the same way we used to do in CAD or manually.)

This combined with the ability to have text or symbols in the linestyles would make life much eaiser!

Thanks hoping that other feel the same.

what we need in Revit is the ability to toggle on or off Zero Values in a schedule and also have tags not report Zero values.  I should expand that this is an issue with number and integer parameters. I still want to count the column in the schedule but do not want the 0 to display. Sure we could set the parameter to text but text does not have calculated totals ability. 

here is the feature in excel, something similar with a checkbox in the schedule properties and when creating tags I would also like the tag to not report the 0 so would need a check within the tag family.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Display-or-hide-zero-values-3ec7a433-46b8-4516-8085-a00e9e4...

For Panels have an option to change how the electrical load connected to the panel will be transferred:

• As it is now, divided in many load classifications.
  • Sum all loads and use the load classification on the panel electrical connector, so all the summed load will use the demand factor of the panel load classification. In the higher level all the load will be group in one classification.
  • Transfer values assigned to the panel electrical connector, ignoring the load calculation in the panel. This is useful in apartment buildings, were the estimated demand, here we use estimated based on the apartment area instead or the number of outlets and lighting fixtures depending on which is greater. Of course for this option make any sense, we should be able to use the total connected load apparent power and total demanded power in formulas!

Some family categories does not contain built in Hidden lines!!

Please add this to all family categories, so when you make hidden lines work at links, these families also will apare as hiddenSmiley Happy

Schedule Conditional Formatting for Text

by Participant andrew.beazley on ‎07-13-2016 03:33 PM - last edited on ‎10-24-2016 07:15 AM |

Allow conditional formatting of text visibility or colour in addition to the cell fill colour.

For example, in an equipment schedule some of the items may have more detailed information than others. Where there is no know information for an item and the value is 0, have the text invisible or the ability to at least set the text colour white.

As the project became bigger, so does our models.

In a building with floors that are exactly the same, we are considering the use of linked file, it works better than groups, since when we copy a group the circuits are gone, in the linked file they are all there!

The only thing missing is the panel schedules! There are at least two options I can see:

1 - Create the panel schedules in the host, maybe not a good idea.

2 - Be possible to place the panel schedules created in the linked file in the host file sheets!

Allows to rotate the cable trays in a horizontal section, so we can place horizontal cable trays with the bottom facing a wall. Placing channel cable trays upside down is also desirable, I have seen some constructions using this positioning, mainly for small size ones.

Lighting Relay Schedule

by Advocate Jrooker06 on ‎05-18-2016 12:46 PM

Create a Relay system where you can circuit a group of lighting fixtures and lighting devices back to a panel. Circuiting for relay system to act similar to power circuiting. Schedule to pull in the room name and number of the fixture, have a section for type of control, and total wattage connected to circuit.

Family Rotation

by Explorer Zschlave on ‎05-12-2016 12:40 PM

There is no possibility of rotating a family around all axis. This should be posible since sometimes we are placing families in the ceiling, floor, different angles on walls and so on.... Some examples of this is cameras, outlets,  switches and so on....Symbols should still appear in plan view.

Phasing for circuits at Panel Boards in Revit

by Employee on ‎09-11-2015 10:20 AM - last edited on ‎12-05-2016 12:36 PM |

Suggested by SmithGroupJJR-

We Need Phasing for circuits at Panel Boards in Revit. We have a project with 5 phases of construction but no way to show the Panel Board as it would look at each phase.

Example we place a Light in a space in Phase 1. That Space gets fit out in Phase 3 more lights and devices placed. I can not currently show that Panel board the way it looks at Phase 1 I have to see the devices I added to it during Phase 3 even though we aren't there yet.

0 Kudos

Quick MEP Toggle Tools

by Enthusiast glen.seiler on ‎10-11-2016 12:35 PM

In an MEP workflow there are repeated things you do all the time and they take lots of clicks.

An example:  In an ELEC model, you need to turn on the architects model to see if they have placed electrical fixtures.  To turn on the arch model's fixtures you've got to edit your views VG settings and go into revit links, arch model, custom, model groups, turn on electrical fixtures and then make sure the workset it turned on.  Then you need to jump through ten hoops to get them to show up in another color.  

There should be a button that toggles on and off the arch model's fixtures/ lights/ etc.  

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.

Sectionmarks and elevationmarks

How about making the labels in these as adjustable and flexible as tags in general, making the sections and elevations easier to manage. It could also solve the problem where the sectionhead-flip setting is not performed through dependent views. 

It would rock my day! 

Someone needs to find a way to update or add families and parameters to multiple models at the same time. It's always a pain when I need to update the titleblock/border or add a parameter and I have multiple buildings and multiple discipline models.

1 Project

4 buildings

6 disciplines

24 models to update

Yeah. That is painful when you have to do it for 2 or 3 projects at a time. 

Family parameter selector

by Enthusiast sonicer on ‎10-18-2016 02:21 AM

Need in family properties check box(combo box) parameter that select if is it example wood or plastic window.

And then is show(visible, active) other parameter only for plastic or wood window.

other example.....door filled with glass or without.....if I select check box with glass...then show other parameter as glass thickness, design, size ....

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube