Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

For Ducts and Cable Trays the Offset should follow the Vertical Justification. For Example, if you draw a Cable Tray with the vertikal justification "Bottom" and an offset of 23cm, the offset displayed is 28cm instead. For our MEP people the situation is always very unfavorable, since they never look at the middle axis, but always at the top or bottom edge of a cable tray or duct.

Cable_Tray_Offset.png

Believe it or not we dont all live in the US (nobody will soon!)

Please add date format to the Project Units so we can set it how we want.

Date Format.PNG

Copy/Monitor Options

by Explorer alexandra.lazar on ‎02-24-2017 06:27 AM

It would be extremely helpful to have the possibility to give the types of Levels/Grids/Colums/Walls/Floors the copy option "Copy original Type" at once. For example you could integrate this option with the "Additional Copy Parameters" (see pic).

copy_monitor_options.png

I created an idea already for this and piping, but forgot that is is not just piping.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/pipe-duct-demolition-keeps-system-designation-and-stays/id...

All elements should keep the connection to their original system, or somehow maintain the relationship to the original system designation.

Within electrical if you demolish something that element is removed from the panel. If you have multiple phases and show elements on the panels at an early phase, you can't do this. So you have to just work around the phasing for those elements. NOT ideal.

If this was handled a bit differently then we could still use the native Revit systems and the native Revit phasing tools.

If a wall can infil after a door is demolished, I'd think something could be done about the phasing on the MEP side of things.

Light Switch Systems

by Collaborator bsammis on ‎08-11-2016 06:09 AM

Revit's light switch systems are next to useless for accurately modeling modern lighting control schemes.  

We need to be able to:  

- Connect multiple switches to a single switch system

- Create lighting control panels (there are workarounds for this, but they're not ideal)

* In a similar vein, many larger spaces have single devices that control multiple lighting zones - the panel functionality would probably be adaptable for 

this use.

- Account for receptacle control required by energy codes

Ideally the switch system would recognize the type of switch(es) that are part of the system (eg. occupancy, photocell, etc) to enable smart scheduling of switch systems and describe the sequence of operations of the system.

It would be nice to have MEP connectors be available for connection in a linked model. Also, these connectors should be able to be added to a system or circuit. There are many projects where mechanical, electrical and plumbing are split into multiple models in various ways. It would be helpful to have the same system creation functionality across linked models.

Electrical wire Homerun Arrows

by Contributor ahilliard on ‎07-08-2016 02:20 PM

Please provide a method to change the size/angle of the default homerun arrow for Revit. We receive complaints from Contractors that the homerun arrows are difficult to see on printed drawings.

Create a new type of view, let´s say Single Line Diagram, for each panel, them for each circuit automatically places a correspondent detail item, for example, that represents the circuit.

Customizing the symbol and allowing to change it symbol families is a MUST.

Schedule Conditional Formatting for Text

by Participant andrew.beazley on ‎07-13-2016 03:33 PM - last edited on ‎10-24-2016 07:15 AM |

Allow conditional formatting of text visibility or colour in addition to the cell fill colour.

For example, in an equipment schedule some of the items may have more detailed information than others. Where there is no know information for an item and the value is 0, have the text invisible or the ability to at least set the text colour white.

Electrical - Single Line Diagrams/One Line Diagrams

by Explorer amit.roy on ‎08-05-2016 12:59 PM - last edited on ‎08-18-2016 12:30 PM |

Please look into providing a tool pallet consisting of typical electrical symbols that are used to develop a single line diagram.

Perhaps, these could be used inside a Detail View, or they could be used in a Legend.

It could also be under a different view altogether, exclusive and specific for drawing single line diagrams.

Revit 2017 has been out for a few months now, and it still does not offer this capability. Without such a tool, electrical engineers who still use AutoCAD would be extremely skeptical to make the move to Revit.

View Reference Leader

by Advocate bosborne on ‎10-05-2016 05:35 AM - last edited on ‎10-05-2016 05:49 AM |

Why in the world can we not add leaders to View References?  Tags have Leaders,  Text Has Leaders.  When I add a view reference that says "See Detail 3/S4.2", it is just plain silly that I have to add a separate leader symbol to it.  It is a hassle on creation, and a headache when you have to adjust the position of the view reference (you have to move two things instead of one, and then go back and adjust where the leader symbol was pointing). 

Simply put - View Reference exists on the "Tag" tab of the "Annotate" Ribbon.  Look at everything else on that same tab - they all have leaders that come along for the ride - so why can't View References have leaders?

change hosting of a family

by Advocate yavork on ‎03-02-2017 01:37 PM

Please allow changing the hosting parameter of a Family - for example we have Floor based families and it is not easy to change the hosting to Face based or something else...

2017-03-02_16-29-30.jpg

Phasing for circuits at Panel Boards in Revit

by Employee on ‎09-11-2015 10:20 AM - last edited on ‎12-05-2016 12:36 PM |

Suggested by SmithGroupJJR-

We Need Phasing for circuits at Panel Boards in Revit. We have a project with 5 phases of construction but no way to show the Panel Board as it would look at each phase.

Example we place a Light in a space in Phase 1. That Space gets fit out in Phase 3 more lights and devices placed. I can not currently show that Panel board the way it looks at Phase 1 I have to see the devices I added to it during Phase 3 even though we aren't there yet.

Allow MEP Systems across phases

by Contributor mozdan11 on ‎05-24-2016 08:20 AM

If we have a project where we are extending or rerouting an existing system we still need to be able to keep the new elements on the same system as exisitng, esecially if we want to keep using calculations to ensure the existing equipment can handle the load, but also just for scheduling prurposes and, down the line, procurement and FM.

Maintain user settings

by Advocate mvoss on ‎10-24-2016 12:18 PM

I should not have to check or uncheck these boxes every time I open Revit.

Copy - Constrain

Copy - Multiple

Move - Constrain

Mirror - Copy

ETC. you get the idea

Pretty much every option in the Modify ribbon of the Modify Tab.  Not just at the project level, but at the INI level.  If I uncheck a box, it should stay unchecked until I recheck it and vice versa.

Capture.JPG

Autodesk will go to great lengths to make their software have a visual GUI cohesion but when it comes to the nuts and bolts it seems that the different software departments are continuously fighting one another.

Its us, the users, your clients who get caught in the middle.

Please get together with your estranged partner AutoCAD and fix the text export.

WHY? because while we the design professionals love your Revit product the rest of the world our clients are still AutoCAD based. 9 out of 10 of our clients who have facilities management departments require final deliverables to include AutoCAD 2d so that they can use them. that isn't going to change anytime soon. Believe it or not, there are still people out there using pencil and paper.

Please don't make us choose between your too hard basket work arounds

Capture1.JPG

We want visual fidelity and editiability. No one wants to receive a sheet of notes that looks like the design documents but are a million pieces of text.

Flexible conduits

by Participant g.lyon on ‎05-22-2016 10:48 PM

Here in Australia we are modelling more and more 'sweeping bends' conduits, mainly due to the new NBN (National Broadband Network)

Revit does not allow us to draw a conduit with a radius in one go, we have to attach bends etc, this does not work in this scenario, we need to have one element but this is not possible without drawing an 'in place' family each time, which is totally unviable due to time constraints/changes.

Surely it would not be too hard to draw a conduit from point 'A' to point 'B' as you would a spline in CAD?

One License to Rule them all

by Advocate mvoss on ‎12-05-2016 09:20 AM

So if I am using Revit 2016, Autocad 2016, and Navisworks 2016 at the same time, that only takes 1 license.

but,

If I use Revit 2017, Autocad 2016, and Navisworks 2015 at the same time, that uses 3 licenses.

Raked Ceilings

by Participant g.lyon on ‎05-22-2016 10:54 PM

The Dreaded Raked Ceilings!!!

PLEASE Autodesk, have mercy on us Revit MEP modellers and come up with a solution for when there is raked ceilings, that the 2D annotation changes to a 3D elelment.

This is the biggest problem I have as an electrical modeller!

I have a few work arounds, but as the name suggests, they are work arounds and surely we should not have to do this!

Greater alignment with BS1192 (for UK users) particularly in terms of revision sequences (ability to have P series, D series and C series for different sheets) and also Uniclass 2015 instead of Omniclass would be beneficial as would better support for ~BS1192 sheet naming conventions.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube