Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Track changes

by Advocate Simon_Weel on ‎09-20-2016 12:22 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 05:48 AM |

Like MS Word: click the 'Track Changes' button and Revit will record and mark everything you change.

C4R Models accessible outside of Revit versions

by Participant joe.sam on ‎07-06-2016 06:39 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:17 AM |

With C4R, there is no way to access a model (assuming you are invited to the project) unless you are in the correct version or Revit.

So if I have a C4R project that hold Revit 2015 model files, then you must use Revit 2015 to access the model files, if I try to use any other version of Revit (Revit 2016, 2017…), I still do not have access to the model files, even if I try to access the model through Revit’s Manage Models, it will only show models for that version of Revit

I could go through the C4R project site and download the model files from there, but this will only give me access to models that someone has published, so I may not get the latest models (they could be month old).

With upgrading of Revit versions, If one is one Revit 2021, and I need to get access to my Revit 2015 C4R models, if I do not have Revit 2015, I cannot get access to the latest models to upgrade them to Revit 2021, so I cannot upgrade them to the latest versions of Revit.

If would be great if there was an admin area that was version agnostic to access the C4R model files, similar to the Manage Models interface through Revit, but again would be version agnostic.

As we move forward with version of Revit, our c4r project model files will become more and more inaccessible from the cloud, there needs to be a better management solution that gives us more flexibility in accessing our model files from the c4r service

The option to show A360 projects as a list

by Autodesk Support on ‎06-22-2016 08:15 AM - last edited on ‎03-07-2017 05:16 PM |

When users go to Manage A360 Models, the projects are displayed in a grid. If they are members of a number of projects, they could end up scrolling to find their project.

A list would be faster.

2016-06-22_1111.png

Add a Publish Now button to the Ribbon to publish the active C4R model to A360

by Autodesk Support on ‎06-22-2016 08:07 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:20 AM |

Currently publishing the active C4R to A360 requires the user to go into Manage A360 Models > Project > File > Actions > Publish.

Most of the time users are publishing the model they are in, so having a button similar to the Sync to Central buttons would cut down on clicks and make it faster.

C4R: Make Team Folders/Subfolders Visible in Revit

by Explorer jsemel on ‎06-21-2016 07:44 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:19 AM |

Hi there, just chiming in to say that it'd be great if subfolders of Projects created in Team also functioned in Revit.

Aside from a customer requesting this, it can help with archiving older versions of models.

C4R Version of Revit visible in hub

by Participant joe.sam on ‎07-06-2016 05:54 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:18 AM |

So with C4R project site, once a revit file is saved up the that project site (say Revit 2016), then the entire project site can only house Revit 2016 model files.

But unless someone names the project site or model files with wording that denotes what version of revit files the project site houses, there is no way to know what revit version the project site is made for.

With Revit Server, when you went through the Revit Server admin site, the website admin page included the version of Revit, so you know what version you are doing with, but not with C4R Project site.

There needs to be a way in the c4r project site to query the Revit file as the version of the model (Revit 2016, Revit 2017), we cannot leave it up to naming conventions alone.

file/model-level access control in C4R (Collaboration for Revit)

by Collaborator lionel.kai on ‎01-24-2017 03:31 PM - last edited on ‎01-30-2017 01:19 PM |

Currently, if someone has access to a C4R project, they have WRITE access to ALL files:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Secure-worksets-in-an-A3...
model.html

Yes, we're working on a team, but mistakes can be made. Even within our own office, people are only granted write access to projects that they're working on (in part to reduce folders being accidentally dragged around). In C4R, I trust that our client (or other subs) wouldn't INTENTIONALLY open my Revit model and start modifying stuff without telling me, but what if they're just opening it to look at something (and forget to detach) and accidentally make a change, or there are some warnings that they just dismiss when constraints are updated & windows/doors move? Not to mention all the permission issues that could occur if things AREN'T saved (and therefore also aren't relinquished)?

I'm sure a lot can be avoided by training, but it's training in OTHER firms. I'd just personally have a lot more peace of mind if I knew "this model is ours, that one's theirs". Always having an up-to-date link CAN be great (in most cases, though I've done submittals with intentionally old links when there were large changes close to the deadline) but I don't want to have to keep doing a model compare, or looking at the history, to see if anyone else has touched our model that shouldn't have...

This is somewhat similar to this idea:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/a360-c4r-host-model-with-read-only-revit-links/idi-p/63970...

A360 C4R host model with read only Revit links

by Participant jgcarey on ‎06-21-2016 04:26 PM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:18 AM |

We would like the option to have our structural, architectural and MEP Revit linked files read only when linked to an A360 Revit host file for our consultants, clients and contractors to see. The host file will be read write, but we would like the option to make some or all of the linked Revit files read only to protect data from being changed while we are working in those linked files.

I have difficulty to prepare cable tray Vertical arrangement in Revit(see attached image). Kindly suggest how to do the same.

Relinquish

by Collaborator A_ameen on ‎01-16-2017 08:33 AM - last edited on ‎01-30-2017 01:32 PM |

It will be good idea to have a possibility to relinquish all my elements without access to the project

Because sometimes you forget to relinquish before closing the file
And it will be time-consuming to access to huge project file

A360 Collaboration For Revit, backup files

by Participant tjones1410 on ‎06-15-2016 07:43 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:23 AM |

I would like the ability to download Revit model versions without having to do a rollback from A360 C4R. Sometimes things need to be copied from older model versions back into the newer model and a rollback is rarely an option.  The local version of Revit gives us that capability, but it is lacking in C4R.  Downloading an archive copy occasionally gives some ability to 'go back', but it is certainly not as robust or convenient.

Anyone ever accidently delete something and then open an old model to cut and paste it back?  I know I have :)

- TKJ

It would be useful to have a Worksharing Monitor for C4R projects. Multiple users attempting a sync with central (SWC) at nearly the same time can really slow down the overall syncing process for all the users. At least if we had a monitor similar to the Worksharing Monitor add-in we could check before initiating a SWC when someone else is already tying up the central file. Would it be possible to edit the current add-in to make it work with C4R?

I'm sure folks would also appreciate support for Revit Server.

I tried to import a Solid works .sat/IFC file into Revit, the original color is lost.. Kindly share the procedure for linking Sat/IFC 3D models.

Shared Parameter support thru A360?

by Participant dwang on ‎09-19-2016 03:35 PM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:21 AM |

We are working with multiple consultants and a partner architecture firm and need to be able to share our shared parameters through A360.  The only way to do this currently is to upload to A360, and each individual firm has to download and place on their network, and then point to the file.  Can we just point to the file on A360?  Same scenario for keynote file, would help with collaboration immensely to be able to share these files live the way we are sharing our models.

Autodesk,

Please consider adding new/additional C4R hosting sites, besides your current Amazon service. The 7 hour outage on 2/28/2017 could have been shorter, or maybe even not even noticed by users, if the service was mirrored somewhere else, so when Amazon went down, you could switch over to the other sites.

I have read through some forum posts that do indicate changes have been implemented to the background that should help in service continuity. 

If Autodesk is currently not hosting the C4R service at more than one provider (Amazon AWS), then I think serious consideration should be given to finding other service providers to have multiple/mirror sites.

Dear Autodesk,

Please allow us to add multiple links at one time, this is when links share the same shared coordinates system or insertion point.

We work on large scale projects with sometime 35-70 links, the files are nested with shared coordinates, When creating master plans or nesting the consultants files it would be fantastic if I could link in one go rather than having to link one at a time.

Even if the links needed to be moved to the correct internal location, linking multiple would save us time.

Thanks, and I hope others would love this function too!

Family Content Management System

by Contributor cesare.caoduro on ‎09-10-2016 05:10 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:23 AM |

When we'll have a good FCMS available as part of Revit? In the era of connection will be very helpful to have a system like Unifi directly available in Revit, integrated with C4R and BIM 360Team

0 Kudos

Allow C4R seats to be managed by more than one person

by Advocate jkidder on ‎07-26-2016 08:00 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:19 AM |

This isn't strictly Revit related, but cloud services didn't seem to have an equivalent Ideas forum.  Compared to other Autodesk programs C4R requires more management because the licences don't spool from a server. For this reason it would be helpful to be able to assign several people to manage assignments of C4R and Team seats, so that if one person is unavailable other people may be able to shift seats as needed. The easiest way to do it would be to assign a backup software coordinator.

Revit Communicator for iOS / Android

by Advocate baumbach on ‎08-31-2016 09:26 PM - last edited on ‎03-07-2017 04:29 PM |

Build a version of Revit Communicator for iOS / Android.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.

0 Kudos

Similarly to how we can show the information from linked models in schedules, I would like to be able to control the information on a titleblock from one model as well. Right now I have to ask the engineers to change the project phase, revision descriptions, and issue date to match ours. 

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube