Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide if not in the core

Hide if not in the core

Hello,

I would like to have an option to hide everything that is out of the core of an element (for example for walls). As a structural engineer I do not want to see the finish part of the wall, since there's already a difference between core and other parts (in the type of the element) why it is not possible to use this property and turn off everything that is not a part of the core? Maybe in the view settings.

Thank you in advance.

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DarioCulap  good idea..Right now if you want to isolate structural part of the walls you make of them parts and then per filter you could isolate just structural part.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use a filter.

Pshupe
Collaborator

How would you use a filter to turn off the non-core elements inside a wall type?  Thanks.

Regards Peter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a mistake, I don`t think it is possible to assign a parameter that can be filtered in the material of a wall.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same problem as DarioCulap.

Does the above mean that there is not a way to use a filter to exclude anything is non-core elements within walls?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report