Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have the ability to select other temporary dimensions during commands

Have the ability to select other temporary dimensions during commands

Hello,

When moving or copying an element it would be nice to have the ability to select through all the temporary dimensions available.

The image below is just one example of many where you are in a command like move, copy and array where the temporary dimensions show up.  I would like to be able to select the angle command and type in the angle and/or then select the distance and change it.  This would allow the element to go at that angle and the specified distance.

2018-04-16_160347.png 

I often have angles that don't follow the 30, 45, 60 and so on.  Adjusting the mouse and trying to get the correct angle is hard and drawing construction lines or reference lines adds time to already tight schedules.  If the dimensions are shown lets have the ability to select and change them.

Thanks

2 Comments

I agree that tabbing through temporary dimensions would be really useful. However for finding angles it is useful to set your snap increments to something like below, the closer the cursor is to the centre of rotation the courser the angle snap will be, i.e. really close and rotation will snap to 90° angles, a bit further out and it will snap to 45°, etc. and far enough out and it will snap to 1°. It seems that it will still go to less than 1° if too far away.

image.png

bill_gilliss
Collaborator

Or.... just use the AutoCAD syntax: 123<26.565 to do distance and angle at the same time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report