Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical Scale on View title

Graphical Scale on View title

It is a fundamental item on the sheets we should be printing with. Please provide us with families that can read drawing scale and present graphical scale in the view title automatically. 

6 Comments
kyle_miller
Observer

Great idea! Also, make sure that there is a visibility option for them as well.

sdurkee_sa
Enthusiast

I agree, and I can't believe we are still needing to ask for this. The workarounds to make this happen are terribly clumsy.

NateBrush
Advocate

Agreed. It seems goofy that this isn't hard-coded in.

Ric_Weber
Advocate

Totally agree with this!  By being able to use the scale factor of a view within a view title family parameter, a graphic scale could read that scale factor and change automatically based on the scale of the view.  I'm sure there could definitely be other uses for this ability as well, but the graphic scale is the most obvious one.  

Not the same idea, but related and the two could go hand-in-hand: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/view-title-instance-parameters/idi-p/11283280

My preference would be to have the scale as a number we can read, e.g. 1:100 would be the number 100, then with labels, maths formulas, and formats I could get everything I need to work to build the desired family myself. I think this could only apply to annotaion, detail and titleblock families as any other family could have a single instance showing in multiple views and therefore at multiple scales.

cslatteryAXGRE
Advocate

There should be a way to add a user created bar scale family to the view title and have it automatically change with viewport scale.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report