Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit - Schedule Header Remain Visible Option

Revit - Schedule Header Remain Visible Option

Please allow an option to keep the Headers in a schedule visible while scrolling down a list.  In a schedule with many items, it is sometimes necessary to see what the column is referring to without having to scroll back to the top of the list.

17 Comments
geo-arch
Advocate

Please, add buttom :Freeze / Unfreeze or Lock/Unlock Title Row like in Excell. Because in large data it's difficult to control title with columns info

laurasmagin
Collaborator

Hi Team Revit,

It would be fantastic if the headers and titles in the schedules could be 'frozen' in the schedule view, so when scrolling lengthy data I can see the title/header details.

Is anyone else dreaming of this function?

Maybe it could be an option? To freeze or not to freeze... (My preference would be to ALWAYS freezes headers and title cells Smiley LOL)

scott_dakin2
Collaborator

Agreed as 'always' for me. Have thought of this a few times but have never been smart enough to suggest it. Smiley Happy

benroberts
Contributor

Absolutely! It's so frustrating when you have a big schedule and you scroll down then lose track of which column you're looking in. Same goes horizontally - it would be great to also lock the first column(s) so you can scroll left to right without losing track of your row. Thanks for suggesting, hope it gets included soon 🙂

stijn
Explorer

Keeping the headers fixed on top of your screen when scrolled down in a schedule. Like table-headers in Excel.

Tags (1)
JMounteer
Enthusiast

Nice idea for very large schedules. This is in the schedule editor, if anyone is confused. 

Hazem.Elamir
Advocate

please let schedule header to be frozen so it be always visible when scroll down

noushadcmpkl
Contributor

Always keeping the Headers of the Schedules frozen and visible while scrolling down.

Won't it be great to see the Schedule headers when scrolling past the screen limits.

Magnus.B
Advocate

Yes, this is a fundamental flaw. 

Verena_GN
Explorer

This feature or better "must have" would be really great and I also don't understand, why the header shouldn't be fixed!

We should somehow finde more people to vote for this idea. Any suggestions?

rsawall
Enthusiast

Add the ability to "freeze" the header row so that as you scroll down in a schedule view you can still read headers. (Or better yet don't make it an option, just make it the default)

YarUnderoaker
Collaborator

Now it's in january 2019 roadmap.

noushadcmpkl
Contributor

At last, Revit users will save some time scrolling up and down!

lionel.kai
Advisor

@benroberts It looks like this idea (and the feature on the roadmap), is limited to freezing the headers only, but Schedules - Freeze Pane like in Excel mentions freezing for both directions.

harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

I'm pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2020.2 (Freeze Headers).  Thanks for your votes and comments.  Keep them coming.

Thanks,

The Factory

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report