Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip mullion around axis/gridline

Flip mullion around axis/gridline

I would like to be able to flip mullions around their axis/gridline (on a per instance bases). For assymetric mullions (U shaped side mullions for example) we now have to make two variants and assign them manually to the correct sides. It would be more intuitive to have an option to flip the mullion around their gridline.

4 Comments
filipefrancisco
Collaborator

Nice

Kimtaurus
Advisor

I agree. A simple flip parameter in the types of a curtain wall mullion would solve the problem.

sam7G3G2
Explorer

I would implement this as a instance property so that that we don't have to duplicate each (asymmetrical) mullion type.

elmorei
Enthusiast

Currently, in order to create asymmetrical mullion families it is necessary to have separate, mirrored profiles for the left and right jams or the header and sill.  The properties allow for rotating a profile, but not mirroring one.  Profile families do not allow "Flip" parameters on their own, as many of the sweep based families have this option built in.  Adding an option to "Flip" the profile along its center axis would be an easy addition to the mullion properties, and would streamline this otherwise annoying redundancy and declutter the profile lists.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report