Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix the schedule editor text size already!

Fix the schedule editor text size already!

Nearly every spreadsheet program, even the free ones, allow the user to change the cell height and font size so that it is easier for the user to read the text they are trying to edit. The Revit schedule editor window should have allowed user adjustment of the cell height and font size many versions ago. Many users don't want all their text in every menu and window to be large but when it comes to editing a schedule it would make it much much easer and less prone to error to be able to bump the text size up and bump up the cell height so that there is more space between lines of text.  The way it is now is a super eye strain.  It seems like it would be really easy to add an editing font size and editing cell height parameter to the System Family: Schedule.  As it is now the inablity to scale the schedule editor makes working on a 4k screen difficult but possible and working on a 5k screen impossible.  This one little fix would really improve Revit on a high resolution screen. Even this little rich text editor allows an increase in font size. It's time for the Revit schedule editor to catch up with the times.

12 Comments
croundy
Participant

I would also like to be able to add a color background or underline to every other row or every fifth row etc.

L.A.Wichert
Advocate

We posted this "thing" on  our german forum too - but -  no sollution found here.

So we support your idea!!

Its awfull to work on an modern machine / 4K5K-8K(!) monitor with such a mess...! 

#:-(

But we haven't given up hope...

🙂

lionel.kai
Advisor

Considering that we can't even adjust line-spacing for PRINT, especially for Revision Schedules, I'm not too concerned about JUST the editor settings. That said, if more display control could be added, and then maybe have a zoom control for schedule views, that would probably meet the need (I wouldn't want there to be TWO separate settings for everything - edit & print - it would get too confusing - big mess). We definitely need more formatting options in schedules.

lionel.kai
Advisor
brumloop
Contributor
.... not readable on high res. (4K) at all !!!!! FIX THAT SOON PLEASE
harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to announce that this idea to support 4k monitors in schedules has been implemented in our 2017.1 release.  If there are any aspects of this idea that are not in 2017.1, please submit another idea to capture what may be missing and start voting.  

-The Factory

Hawaii-Architect
Participant
Thank you!!
Much easier on the eyes.
Aloha,
Shaun Roth
PDSF
Collaborator

It's not just a problem with 4K monitors.  Not everyone who works in Revit is 25 years old.

hstaabprime
Advocate

@Anonymous Can you clarify how this was implemented?  I'm using Revit 2019 with a 4k monitor and I don't think I'm able to adjust the size of the text when in schedule views. Crossing my fingers that I'm missing something..

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Luke.McDevitt
Observer

Not fully implemented. OP also included "cell height" on is list of gripes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report