Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Fill Pattern Overrides should Override Orientation in Host Layers Setting

Filter Fill Pattern Overrides should Override Orientation in Host Layers Setting

Currently if you use a filter to override a fill pattern, if the material has a fill pattern with an "Orientation in Host Layers" setting of one option, but your override fill pattern has a different setting, it will not change that "Orientation in Host Layers" setting from the default. 

For Example: I have a wall with a cut pattern set to Orient To View.  That is how I want it.  But I have a filter that says that if the Fire Rating of a wall is 1 HR, then override the background cut pattern to a fill pattern which happens to be set to "Align with element".  It will override the pattern, but the "Orientation in Host Layers" will not override.  So I do not get the right orientation with my overrides.  

If I'm overriding a pattern, I expect it to override all the settings of that pattern.  

I'm sorry if this idea is already out there.  I couldn't find it.  Thank you.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report