Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Prompt Window

File Prompt Window

We need an updated file open prompt window. Most programs have the address bar available in the open prompt (windows default). Autodesk products are using the oldest style open prompt available and you have to drill up/down on every family import, file open, exports, etc. It would be handy to have the ability to paste the location in and probably save production time rather than searching for folders.

5 Comments
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

Also; Access to the Windows "Quick Access" list.

While you're at it, get rid of the "Favorites" icon on the Places Bar.

As far as I know, that still goes to your Internet Explorer favorites. And I'm NEVER going to open a Revit model from there.

It's also really annoying that you can't copy a filepath from for example the windows explorer to the Revit open file dialog, meaning you have to navigate to the intended folder yourself, making the process of opening that file take a little longer.

CFNBen
Advocate

@jeroen.van.halderen 

You actually can do this if you paste the filepath into the file name and hit enter.

@CFNBen I tested it and it doesn't work for me because at my company we name projects xxxx.xx, and the open file dialog mistakes the .xx part at the end for a file extensions, which keeps it from opening the file.

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

You can paste the entire file name in & then backspace until you get to the folder name. 
Then hit Enter & you'll be in the folder & able to pick your file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report