Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fills and Masks - AutoTrace

Faster Fills and Masks - AutoTrace

I'd like to see a smart/faster way to create fills and regions.  I have my odd shape, bordered by lines, and I'd like to fill it.  Normally I would have to re-create the same odd shape in order for my fill to, well, fill it.

Wouldn't it be great if, when creating fills and masks, maybe even slabs or other types of objects, if I could click inside an enclosed region and the fill automatically picks up its edges from the edges of the region? 

For instance, if I want to add a special mask to this Callout head.  I'd need a handful of steps to get the mask to fill the circle properly.  What if, instead, I click the Mask tool, and before I start drawing I hold down the shift or ctrl key to change it to auto-fill, and then click once in the white space of the Head?  In this case I would only get half a mask - I should be able to just as easily add to the same mask I just created.  Maybe right-click on the new mask, select "Add To Region," and as long as the new fill touches or overlaps the old fill I can shift-click the other half of the Head and get a full-circle mask?

YES, I KNOW: this isn't the best example, a circular mask is available with maybe two clicks, but think about that time you had a million little jogs in your fill and it took forever to trace out.  Now imagine Revit doing all that work for you. 

3 Comments
RolyNZ
Contributor

Great idea, like AutoCAD was doing possibly 20 years ago?

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report