Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external drainage and associated families

external drainage and associated families

please add external drainage to Revit (storm, foul, watermain, etc) and associated families (manholes, inspection chambers, etc). Analysis and calculation would be a dream come true

This would help not only for an average project with external drainage but for projects with intenal drainage too, especially when they interfere with structure. 

1 Comment
richardjagger
Contributor

This would be a great addition.   It’s not just m&e consultants and engineers that design drainage. Architectural practices do too (mine included), particularly on smaller projects.
Drainage layouts, manholes, gullies, etc and establishing svp positions in housing design is very important to me and my clients. I usually end up annotating, which is a huge waste of such potential. I’ve created some manhole families, gully families, attenuation tanks, soak aways, silt trap but some functionality for sloping drain runs in different diameters would be incredibly useful to be able to link between my families, say by a reference point. Being able to show the direction of flow, pipe size, gradient etc would be great via a tag or something. I’m also looking for some functionality to be able to create manhole schedules. Even being able to create a long section would be useful in some cases.

Thanks for looking.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report