Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand 'Load Autodesk Family' with possibility to load own content

Expand 'Load Autodesk Family' with possibility to load own content

With the 'Load Autodesk Family' tooling it is only possible to load content from the cloud. It would be great if there comes a possibility to load your own content as well from a given location on a server or your own system.

6 Comments
Timur.Shar
Contributor

Hi!

I would suggest that you consider connecting to service "Load Autodesk Family" a custom database of families located in the cloud, such as bim360.
This will allow project contributors to only use the pre-configured and prepared families used in the organization, even if Revit is just installed.

Tags (4)
DMMakarov
Advocate

great 

it will be like in formit

ks2_wmb
Advocate

I usually avoid Revit's built-in file manager when I can.  A separate "load family from library" button would be great, with some option to specify the home folder for this browser.

I'd also love a redesign to the "import views from file" menu.  A large grid of graphic thumbnails there would be really helpful.

Ryan_GormanKT36T
Enthusiast

Lets add the ability to add a local Directory to the Load Autodesk Family load tool. 

mhiserZFHXS
Advisor

Just click "Load Family" instead of "Load Autodesk Family".

Ryan_GormanKT36T
Enthusiast

Thank you. I am Aware of the Load Family Button. That is fine, but the Load Autodesk Family has a nice browser window that shows a good preview of each family.  Thats what I would like to use to visualize my Local Library. There are good 3rd party tools out there but they are expensive and include advanced features that are nice but not what I need. This would be a great OOTB feature. IMO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators