Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable tag and dimension in legend view.

Enable tag and dimension in legend view.

there is something annoying that makes many of my colleagues create a "legend" phase for just for legend purpose.

For instance, we can tag material and layers on a wall composition , but why couldn't we dimension the overall width or even tag the typeMark of the wall?

who use only material tag? 

10 Comments
Alaa.ElKabbany
Advocate

Tag Legend Components

Tags (1)
ro08
Community Visitor

As an architect (REVIT user since 2008), I do not understand that it is not possible to add dimensions and wall type tags to  wall legends. When working on projects that are being built, we use legends to illustrate how certain objects is supposed to be built. The Revit legend drawing itself is not very detailed, and therefore it is necessary to  elaborate the illustrations for the workers at the building site etcetera, adding dimensioning and type text. Writing the type text manually might cause mistakes, because it does not automatically follow the wall parameters such as type description. Tag Arkitekter AS, where I've worked since 2009, is probably the Architects firm that has the most large Residential projects in Norway. Most of Our Projects area being built, and we use REVIT as modelling device. I hope for a rapid change in Revit legends for easier and more Professional use of REVIT in Our Projects. (Using design wall design options to create wall "legends" is not a good option. We used to do that when creating door/ window legends earlier) Thank you!

simo74
Contributor

It is incredible how such a basic and so important function can be ignored by Autodesk year after year.

The first update requests date back at least 7/8 years ago and nothing has been done to improve the legends

susana.duarte
Advocate

And the problem, @simo74, is that there are a lot of interesting feactures that nobory is using because of handycaps like these that make them totally useless!!! Really Autodesk, wake up, it's time!

little.f0x
Observer

I would like to tag the thickness of a layer in a wall for etc. I only can tag the material but not the thickness, I have to write it manually, even though revit has Information about the dimensions of the construction of a walltype

Yuss33
Observer

Autodesk will not care about adding such features until their sale numbers drop

Mark_Engwirda
Collaborator

Not being able to tag legend components is one of those items that is still missing, and I find this one really curious why it is still not implemented.

But let's not forget how far Revit has come along since subscription was introduced a few years ago, and there are so many features that they are really working hard on implementing.

Hopefully, more powerful and easier documentation on a broad scale will become more of a priority in the near future.

We need another 1000 votes

ConstantineC
Advocate

I found an Youtube video where someone is adding Multi Category Tags to a wall legend.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_UkAzdCjEE

Is it that not possible? I am trying to do but it only works with Material Tags. 

Update 

I think he is tagging 2d Detail components and not Legend components?

Mark_Engwirda
Collaborator

@ConstantineC I think he is using a drafting view and calling it a "legend view" as a workaround.

I tried using mc tags in a legend view and they wouldn't tag.

ConstantineC
Advocate

@Mark_Engwirda I dont think its a drafting view. Seems to be a Wall legend view. 

I dont know how is he doing it, I placed a question in his comments, hopefully he will reply.

Web capture_24-3-2023_11831_.jpeg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report