Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable Linework for Topography edges (Surface and Subregion)

enable Linework for Topography edges (Surface and Subregion)

When the edge of the toposurface is visible in plan, I don't want to see a solid line there - it looks funny and could be confused with a contour. Setting Topography projection lines to White will also make all Subregion edges white (which I don't want). WORKAROUND: Use a solid white Filled Region or non-rectangular Crop Region.

A V/G subcategory for Topography edges ("Boundary Lines" or "Exterior Edges") MIGHT also work (since I'd never want to see them), as long as it had a separate subcategory for "Subregion Edges" that could be left on...

Also, there was a situation recently where I wanted to selectively hide subregion edges (but not all), so Linework would be a better solution than V/G categories (though both would be welcome).

1 Comment
stephen_whelan
Enthusiast

I'm working on a bridges drawing and I've used the white line workaround. This doesn't work on smaller sites or with localised topography, a weird circular white line on a drawing is not acceptable. I'm going to have make a fake boundary way outside the site to hide this white line. The ability to turn off the visibility of all linework in the Topo is really important. Ideally it should have the same visibility settings as Civil 3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report