Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Homeruns Arrowheads

Electrical Homeruns Arrowheads

Please make the homeruns for circuiting more editable, especially when combining multiple circuits in one home-run.  It clutters the drawings to have homeruns with two and three arrowheads.  Parameters for the amount of arrowheads that is desired would be great.  An instance parameter is preferred.  That way one arrowhead can be shown for the actual homerun that is being tagged with the panel and circuit description, and then 0 arrowheads can be selected for the homerun wire between two devices of different circuit numbers.  The arrowheads are not necessary on these, if it should be designated between devices, the tick marks are sufficient.

7 Comments
Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for submitting your idea.  We are marking this idea as accepted, and are investigating some improvements related to this.  If you would like to provide further feedback on these capabilities, we would be happy to involve you in our beta program (Revit Preview).  Reach out to revit.preview.access@autodesk.com to join!

luke_kistner
Participant
I would be very interested in following the development of this new improvement. This is a feature that I have been very interested in since I first started working in Revit. If there is anything I can do to provide assistance, please keep me informed.

Thanks,

Luke Kistner, PE
Martin__Schmid
Autodesk

Hi @luke_kistner - thanks for emailing  revit.preview.access@autodesk.com - you should have received an invite by now.

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi All-- thanks for the comments, and for those of you that participated in our preview program on this. We have made improvements in this area aligned w/ some other ideas that were posted similar to this, and are therefore marking this as Implemented as the new capabilities are in 2020.  

There are new options for 'Home Run Arrow Style' in  Manage > MEP Settings > Electrical Settings. 

• Home Run Arrow Style lets you specify a homerun arrow style, giving you control over the size and angle of the homerun arrow. 
  • Arrow for Multi-Circuits Home Run - provides control over where homerun arrows show up.
  • There is also a new option in 'Show Tick Marks' that provides an additional level of control over where tick marks are displayed.  

If there are additional outstanding requests, please post new Ideas for each individually.

2020WiringOptions.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This needs to be implemented retroactively, to previous versions of Revit.  Why?  Because this is something us users have been requesting since 2007.  That's THIRTEEN YEARS for a simple annotation style that's been used for over LITERALLY A HUNDRED years in this industry. 

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report