Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Busbars

Electrical Busbars

Adding in the feature of modelling busbars in revit for Electical documentation.

When Revit MEp first come about, we had to draw cable trays as mechanical duct, this is the same problem now as more and more projects are using busbar, which cannot be modelled without an add-on or by 'fudging' it.

10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Modelling busbar is wrong on so many levels in current Revit. Especially in big multidisciplined projects. Modelling it as either duct or cable tray will provide problems with the BoM if not handled properly. Busbar should have a category of it's own making it possible to assign it to a circuit and thus creating the possibility to make calculations.

Also the possibility of tap-off units should be included with the busbar and the correct placement of phases inside de busbar. As this will determine the proper elbows and tees.

umit_balaban
Enthusiast

I agree also this Idea. We need this type of solution. I have been writing since 2008 and nothing. I am working in MEP construction company and it is not usefull to show ducts as busbars. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be great to have a category for electrical busway, so we wouldn't have to fake it with cable tray or duct.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Revit should have a system family for busway, with electrical functionality.  EEs have been asking for this for 10 years now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No way to have improvement in Electrical discipline!

dennis_collin
Advocate

Called Trunking in the UK, but yes I asked for this at an event many years ago and was told to be patient!

This new object type is overdue, Revit MEP is really MeP it was the same with AutoCAD MEP too!

scott_dakin
Collaborator

I think the UK version of the OP's request is busbar, not cable trunking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2019 AND STILL NO SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

2020 and still being patient about it

JPavonSASCO
Explorer

End of 2021 year - Inquiring on any updated solutions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators