Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ductwork and Pipework Level associations

Ductwork and Pipework Level associations

Can we have the Duct, Pipe, Duct Fittings and Pipe Fittings associated to levels in the same way please.This is one of the first things I brought up with an Autodesk rep when I first started using Revit in 2007!

Curently if we have say Ductwork associated to the wrong level and want to change it we select a duct element and change the associated level - the duct element will stay where it is and the offset will change to match the new level, all good right. But if we do this to a duct fitting then the fitting (and everything attached to it) will move to the new level with the same offset, you have to work out what the new offset should be and type that value in to keep the element correctly located. I would rather it work the way it does with the duct elements (so I can select all and change in one go) but as long as they both work the same way it would still be better than currently.

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please, can I buy some votes? Seriously! I want to give this idea at least 1,000 votes. 

colin.magner
Advocate

We need all-round better management of levels and MEP content in Revit.

Currently if we get a new architectural model and a level elevation has changed the sky might as well fall in!

Ideally, we'd like to be offered options when changing the elevation of a level:

1) Do you want me to move all elements hosted on that level to maintain the same relative offset

2) Do you want me to leave all elements hosted on that level where they are, and just move the level, changing the relative offset

We also need a tool to rehost elements from one level to another without moving them, to cater for situations where the levels haven't changed but someone just modelled stuff on the wrong level.

markbowen6083
Explorer

This issue is infuriating. A services model is at the mercy of the Architect getting their levels correct first time around. This is never the case and can cause real nightmares once any type of distribution is modeled.

Please put this to the top of the list!

NickACrane
Participant

I raised this directly with the developers last year. all they said is they'll have a look.. but don't hold you breath.

I have found a great Python script that does exactly what we want!

Change fittings reference level

and it works!

damo3
Advisor

I don't deal a lot with the mech components, I am aware of the problems it causes our services guys though. As the architect, we do try really hard not to move levels once established, but it doesn't always work out that way. I am frustrated just reading the problem. +1 vote. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And add to this, have whatever element you are adding be associated with the floor/level you are adding it too. Why is a pipe or fitting on the 12th floor associated with the basement and the pipe next to it associated with the roof?  This would be a default setting unless, for what ever reason, you need it associated that way. 

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Marking this as implemented.  The problem articulated in the original idea has been resolved as of Revit 2020.  If you modify the Level parameter value of a fitting, the element does not move.. rather, the "Elevation from Level" parameter updates relative to the newly selected level.

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report