Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Analytical Model before Start of model

Disable Analytical Model before Start of model

I want to be able to keep the Analytical model from even being generated in the first place.  Currently you can only disable the analytical model by selecting each element.  Most of the time there is no need to have the analytical model, it just caused warnings and increases the file size.

5 Comments
bosborne
Advocate

If you are using Revit (not Revit structure) go to Options/UserInterface and you can disable analytical calculations globally.

brenan.sellers
Advocate

Do you mean unchecking the "Structural analysis and tools"?  Doing that just stops Revit from giving you warnings about the analytical model or does it actually disable the model from being generated?

theresa_scalia
Contributor

I am using Revit Structure, and I have been looking for a way to eliminate the Analytical feature in my template altogether, since we are not yet using analysis. Best of luck with this Idea.

pawelpiechnik
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

pawelpiechnik
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

It is now enabled through the on demand Analytical Model creation in Revit 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ClsmT-EMzY

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report