Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Walls when 'Wrapping at ends' active (current limitation)

Dimension Walls when 'Wrapping at ends' active (current limitation)

Currently in Revit, you cannot dimension the ends of walls if Wrapping at ends parameter is set. Can we please fix this.

1. Create a wall type with finishes 
  2. select Wrapping at ends  to 'interior' or 'exterior'.
  3. Try and dimension the inside end of the structure / core, you will notice you can't, only the outside face of the finish.

Yet you can dimension the inside face (core/structure) of the walls width/depth depending on your dim 'option bar' settings or the use of tab key. So this is a limitation of the wrapping at ends being turned on. Happens often for us when trying to dimension framing for setout plans. 

Thanks. 

5 Comments
SashKaz
Advocate

damo3,

I just submitted a suggestion to allow for individual wall wraps for each of the walls ends (here is the blog post and link to the idea: http://ideatesolutions.blogspot.com/2017/02/creating-showing-individual-wall-wraps.html). Your request will piggyback nicely with Autodesk looking into the wall wrap issue.

As a workaround to the issue you mentioned, I have drawn a thin line on the face of the wrap, then moved it the distance to the core (where you want the dimension to go), then I dimension from the face of the wrap to that line, then I delete the dimension and keep it constrained. This way when I stretch the wall out, the detail line stays with it. 

Just an idea.

Sash

damo3
Advisor

Thanks for the update sash, that workaround is what I use at the moment, I would also link your Revit Idea on individual wall wraps here too so they are both voted up. I imagine one could be fixed with the other...

Zsolt.Varga
Autodesk Support
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report