Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Detach a central file

by New Member ddelarosa on ‎04-21-2017 07:38 AM

Many times when I need to detach a model from central I forget to click the small box to detach. I then have to close the file, open and click the small box. This process takes several minutes especially because I work on really large files. For this reason I would like an option within the revit model that would allow the user to "save as a detached model" and this will create the detached model. I imagine that the user would be asked if he wishes to synchronize before detaching.

Comments
By: Enthusiast rgesner
| Posted ‎04-22-2017 04:55 PM , edited ‎04-22-2017 04:55 PM |

Doesn't SaveAs > Project > Options > Make this a Central File after save > OK > Save 

do what you want already?

(sync first if needed) 

By: New Member ddelarosa
| Posted ‎04-22-2017 07:19 PM

It does work to create another central file but this is not exactly what I'm looking for. A common task is that I find myself having to detach a file and make it not a central file before sending the file to an architect. If they open the file and it is not detached they are not able to perform many commands on the model until they detach from central. This is the reason for my request.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube