Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detach a central file

Detach a central file

Many times when I need to detach a model from central I forget to click the small box to detach. I then have to close the file, open and click the small box. This process takes several minutes especially because I work on really large files. For this reason I would like an option within the revit model that would allow the user to "save as a detached model" and this will create the detached model. I imagine that the user would be asked if he wishes to synchronize before detaching.

3 Comments
Rusty_Gesner
Enthusiast

Doesn't SaveAs > Project > Options > Make this a Central File after save > OK > Save 

do what you want already?

(sync first if needed) 

ddelarosa
Explorer

It does work to create another central file but this is not exactly what I'm looking for. A common task is that I find myself having to detach a file and make it not a central file before sending the file to an architect. If they open the file and it is not detached they are not able to perform many commands on the model until they detach from central. This is the reason for my request.

smbrennan
Collaborator

Why are you removing worksets before sending to an architect? 

My standard practice is to save every linked model as a new central model. I clean it up (purge, remove imported line patterns, remove unused DWG links, etc). I also like to unload specific worksets in my linked models, usually worksets like "Shared Levels and Grids" because I create my own levels and grids in my project file. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report