Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent view - 100% dependent and not just 95%

Dependent view - 100% dependent and not just 95%

Hi,

depending view should show to 100% what the primary view looks like. The depending views are a nice way to manage split floorplans. This is also an example in the autodeks knowlege network.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Revi...

But i don't understand why there are things that i can change in the depending view and the changes are not ported to the primary view. I mean, if there is a failur in the drawing i need to correct it in every view and not just in one view.

Herer is my screencast:

http://autode.sk/2n5yO3D

I mean why is there a difference between override graphics in view by category and by elements? This makes no sense.

schleuter

3 Comments
WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

Being able to adjust annotations independently is critical.

Perhaps a switch  "Lock to parent view" would allow the annotation to appear the same way in every view- unchecking this could allow it to be child-vide-dependant and not show in the other views.

I do sometimes struggle with dependent views and annotations bleeding over form other views. Conceivably, annotations could be copied into a parent view then cycled through the dependent views, flipping the switch and making them child-vide dependent.

Color coding for child/parent ownership could be managed through view filters or color coding in the UI.

AnneSolenn
Explorer

And : it would be good to be able to change the scale of the dependent view conserving the dependency...

philipp_essen
Participant

Es sollte einfach abhängig, das heißt gleich bleiben können. ansonsten kann man gleich nur duplizieren ohne anhängigkeiten. so hat man pläne die über die Bearbeitungszeit nicht gleich bleiben, dass sorgt für viel Sorgen auf den Behördenplänen und Baustellenplänen, da die Pläne schlichtweg nicht gleich bleiben, sich darstellungsfehler einschleichen. Oder es viel zeit benötigt in beiden Ansichten immer alles wieder doppelt zu korrigieren.

kann nicht der Sinn von Revit sein.

Sinn muss es sein zwei Planformate drucken zu können, das ist nicht gegeben, somit das Arbeiten kaum in der Praxis möglich

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report