Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Display Group for Shared Parameters

Define Display Group for Shared Parameters

Since Revit projects lock down the display group for shared parameters based on whichever family gets loaded first, and since once a shared parameter definition exists in a project it cannot be edited or deleted, please make the display group selection a part of the initial shared parameter definition.

To be clear - I don't want you to do this, but it is better than nothing!

I don't think it should matter if one family has a shared parameter in "Dimensions" and another has the same one in "Visibility." I am not sure what the display group has to do with sharing. As long as the name, type, and GUID are the same, why does anything else require matching? The shared parameter can be "Type" or "Instance" without any trouble. It can be nested in families and mapped all the way through. It can be in shared and unshared families alike.

The problem is that Revit wants to lock it down, but it does it at the wrong time. It is unacceptable to make a "Shared" and irreversible decision about a project by chance when a family is loaded.

P.S. I feel the same way about tool tips being locked down. At least they aren't trying to lull us into a false sense of control, but why can't we have different tips for different families?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators