Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate Family at Insertion/Origin Point

Rotate Family at Insertion/Origin Point

When using the rotate tool, it would be nice to have an option that you can default to that would place the rotation handle at the origin of a family that you might be rotating. This way families could be built based on the most common insertion and rotation point (seems that most already are).

If you wanted to relocate the rotation handle, you still could the same way, but the default location would be the origin of a family, not just the center of it.

And of course this wouldn't come into play when you have multiple objects selected.

6 Comments
Thierry.A
Advocate

For the objects, please change the default position from the center of rotation to the 0,0 point of the family and not to its barycentre

Tags (1)
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

I'd even go so far as to say Origin should be the default, and you'd have to manually change it to Center if desired.

casquatch
Collaborator

@dplumb_BWBR...I'm alright with that too!

ipselute
Advisor

I recall an Autocad option: "enable object snaps inside blocks", namely GRIPBLOCK sysvar : 0 / 1( grip only to the insertion point of the block / grips to objects within the block). It would be wonderful to have such option in Revit.

j0258169
Advocate

Voting for this.

Families that have an origin defined should by default rotate around the origin. Pretty useless to do it any other way.

mhiserZFHXS
Advisor

This please. Having the default rotation point at the "center mass" makes no sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report