Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor selection options; selection enhancement

Cursor selection options; selection enhancement

It would be nice to see the selection zone for your cursor, or maybe cross hairs. See image:

Selection.jpg

Not being able to select what I want causes me to zoom in, make my selection, zoom out, find where i want to copy from, then paste. I'm currently working on a job where there is not a wall in the building that is square with the world. So i have to use reference points to get the angle i need to move or copy and item.

Using tab doesn't work ether when you want a specific item. Tab starts selecting multiple items... when all i want is one item.

See attached video of a great example of the frustration of trying to select something in Revit.

3 Comments
ssimleness
Advocate

The video didn't post. Here's a link:

https://www.screencast.com/t/I58o3HIk

ssimleness
Advocate

Selecting / highlighting items in Revit is horrible to work with day in and day out... still.

Nothing has changed on this issue. Does anyone else have the same issues when trying to highlight items?

See video:

https://www.screencast.com/t/1YE1eXyrf

dboren2XPE7
Explorer

Well, it has been a whole year and Autodesk has done absolutely NOTHING about this particular problem. 

I deal with this inaccurate, inconsistent BS every day...

Same story, zoom in extra close so I only have one element in the view, highlight the exact element I want, zoom back out so I can see the project around me, manipulate/copy/move the element. 

It is time consuming and annoying. 

One would think it would actually be easier to highlight what the cursor is touching, rather than trying to predict what you are looking for... what am I looking for? Exactly what my cursor is touching, please start with that!!!

The worst is when you have multiple elements in an array. It will literally select every single element EXCEPT the exact element the cursor IS ACTUALLY TOUCHING. 

Maybe we will get precision cursor selection in the 2020 edition, just make sure you pay Autodesk even MORE money, just to provide you with a cursor that selects what it touches...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report