Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Project Parameters with Dynamo, NOT shared

Create Project Parameters with Dynamo, NOT shared

please add a node to Dynamo that allow people to create Project Parameters, just the Shared Parameters one, but for key schedule, shared ones are useless, it's been a couple of days now i have been searching for a workaround and got nothing.

Before you mention it, yes, there is a "CreateProjectParameter" node in dynamo, BUT it creates a floating SHARED parameter, so, we can't use it in key schedule

thank you

3 Comments
randy_lmn
Contributor

I am struggling with the exact same issue.  I was optimistic with an Orchid package, but it seems that it still is creating a shared parameter that can not be included in a key schedule.

https://github.com/DynamoDS/DynamoRevit/issues/2315

jkidder
Collaborator

It is very frustrating to not have this option.  Shared parameters are great for certain tasks, but when elements don't need to be tagged a project parameter works best.  We're using dynamo to fill out parameters and then push that data around, and our consultants do too.  I would like to have the script create the PROJECT parameter if it doesn't exist and then populate the information, but the api does not allow that option.

michael-coffey
Advocate

Would appreciate seeing this in the API as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators