Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/monitor scope boxes

Copy/monitor scope boxes

Wouldn't it be awesome if we can copy/monitor scope boxes from a linked model, or even use the scope boxes available in the linked models? This would save a lot of time of manually copying scope boxes and manually monitoring their changes.

9 Comments
omar.ashraf
Advocate

It can also work as follows, draw a scope box in the host file and then monitor this scope box to the corresponding scope box in the linked files. can it?

ptranbergNTI
Advocate

This seems natural to do when Copy Monitoring Grids and Leves. Maybe include Reference Planes as well.

/PT

sarsenault2CCSS
Advisor

@harlan_brummCan we combine all the Copy/Monitor suggestions? It seems people want to copy/monitor almost anything. There are way more than 50 votes for more copy/monitor options, whether it's roofs or scope boxes. Its clear that a randomly partial list of copy monitor is seriously lacking. For example, it makes no sense to ask people to model roofs as floors because you did not program copy/monitor for roofs.

Please combine these so we can finally reach that magical 50 votes. Thanks!

Jose_Mora
Advocate

If MEP could use the scope box from Arch model... that would be great. If scope box had viewport coordinates parameter... that would be great!

All views that used a scope box would use defined viewport coordinates to align on sheets.

it
Community Visitor
Community Visitor
You can select it with the TAB key and copy/paste in place. Of course, it will not monitor.
Jose_Mora
Advocate

@it Yea... that is good. We use Rush forth to copy them from model to model.

Really what the intent of my comment was so if an architect moves the scope boxs and doesn't tell anyone... then you can get a warning or know that they changed the scope box. You ususally get some comment after a submittal or progress set, "HEY, why don't your sheets match the architects?"

In addition ... I really don't want to have to copy/monitor them. I just want to point my views to their scope boxes thru the link. This would not be copy/monitor... more like use theirs and it updates.

sarsenaultbrassard
Collaborator

For those who don't know, there is a paid plugin for this task. Still, Autodesk should just make this workflow possible and generally improve the functionality of scope boxes:

Scope Box Synchronizer'

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=6897465823377340538&appLang=en&os=Win64

curtisridenour
Collaborator

@sarsenaultbrassard is it a useful tool? i am wondering about it myself.

gdark
Explorer

Thought I'd add to the discussion to see if Autodesk could look at the implementation of this into Revits future releases?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report