Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Filled Regions to Masking Regions

Convert Filled Regions to Masking Regions

Title says it all.  Compared to the conversion of annotative lines to model lines this would seem easy.

5 Comments
sburca
Advocate

Why even have masking regions? Why not just filled regions with a white fill option? Or is there something unique that only the masking region is providing?

bosborne
Advocate

The request is valid, but i agree that masking regions are seemingly redundant.  The button for masking regions does one thing - which can simply be replaced with a filled region with a solid white fill.  I have not used a masking region in years and have only used a filled region style that i appropriately call "Masking" Region.   It does all the same things as the Masking Region, except it can be switched to any other filled Region and more importantly - my ribbon never switches over to Masking Region since i never create one. 

ccabralS4X5J
Contributor

I thought the same thing.. however, a white or transparent filled region will show up in a CAD export as a solid black hatch, while a masking region doesn't have any hatch.  I have to export for my consultants... Now I need to convert my white/transparent filled regions to masking regions, but it doesn't seem like an option. 

kimbD79KU
Enthusiast

The reason why you don’t use a white filled region as a masking region is that every Tom, Dick, and Harry will name that White filled region differently.  Then you will have about 10 + fill styles for the same thing.  Keep it clean.  Keep it simple, use a MASK REGION for what it job is.  People that like the white filled regions also love to use white lines instead of <Invisible >.  I need the tool so I can clean up other peoples sloppy drafting. VOTE YES!!

ks2_wmb
Advocate

I'll often intend to draw a filled region, but the big button in the ribbon is still set to "masking region".  So I click the button, draw the region, and then... I have to delete the masking region and redraw it as a filled region.

I would personally get quite a bit of use out of a button to convert masking regions back to filled regions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report