Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour code 3d view section modification gizmos

Colour code 3d view section modification gizmos

Currently 3d view sections are equipped with forward/backward symbols on each of their six faces. As they are mere triangles, it is sometimes hard to determine which one would be appropriate.

I propose to colour code them in red, green and blue just like the internal origin.

While at it, the symbols further away from the viewport could also be slightly smaller or maybe a little less saturated in hue.

3 Comments
wr.marshall
Advisor

are you referring to the grips?

if so see my idea here: Able to change colour and size of press pull grips - Autodesk Community

or this idea by @HilaryRomaniuk :Highlight the Section Box Arrows - Autodesk Community

If same advise @kimberly.fuhrman to combine

HilaryRomaniuk
Contributor

@wr.marshall I dont think adjusting the colour would change much because the issue is that they dont stand out from the background which is often multicoloured (i.e. point cloud data is every colour of the rainbow). I like the idea of making them a bit bigger. But just having a shadow/highlight behind the arrows would solve the issue, making them stand out no matter the colour of the imagery. 

MichaelWolff
Advisor

@wr.marshall Yes I am, I just did not remember the proper wording of my search string when I started this (old) idea... I found to have voted on your original idea already.
Fwiw, this is what I would like to c added

MichaelWolff_0-1678448105096.png

This would be especially useful if the model is not empty or has extreme values in one of the directions. 

@HilaryRomaniuk Maybe some sort of UI-magnetism for the grips would be helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report