Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color scheme for all the rooms

Color scheme for all the rooms

When adding a color scheme to a view, it only shows the colours for the rooms in that views.

It would be nice to have an option to show all the rooms in a project in a color scheme.

Additionally, I'd like to be able to create a legend-like color scheme, to place on a sheet and not be view dependant.

7 Comments
jkidder
Collaborator

You already have a choice, per color scheme legend type to change the "Values Displayed".  They can be "By View" or "All".  Changing the setting to "All" will display all the colors assigned to that color scheme, regardless of whether they are used in the view or not.

Kimtaurus
Advisor

Great, that solves one problem.

Unfortunatly you can't place this in a legend view, so one could place this on a sheet.

jkidder
Collaborator

If you don't want it in the same view as a plan I'd just make a view that has that view template or color scheme assigned and place that in the view - duplicating as dependent as necessary.  

Kimtaurus
Advisor

@jkidder That would be very cumbersome as we often have +20 levels, which means creating 20 "empty" views per color scheme.

It would be more usefull to be able to place a color scheme legend in a legend view, which can be placed on any sheet as many times as we need/want.

jkidder
Collaborator

@Kimtaurus sure, it takes setup, but there are so many other things legend views don't do that I'd be creating the views anyways for other legend items, so that's how I'd do it.  Legends in general need work, and something like color scheme legends is just one of many it doesn't do well.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report