Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Ceiling: Edge" functionality

Add "Ceiling: Edge" functionality

Please add the functionality to create Ceiling Edges. Other categories already have additional functionalities like walls (sweeps, reveal), floors (edges) and roofs (gutter, soffit). It will be very useful to model fall ceilings, cornice mouldings, floors which need to have an insulated ceiling from below with extensions at the wall and wrapping of the beams...

11 Comments
carolaaquino
Enthusiast

When we design ceilings in the Revit, we do not have an option or a command that allows us to create a vertical finishes on the ceiling as pictured below.

I know we can execute this process through fascias or profiles of generic models, but I believe it would be more intuitive ir the option of drawing "ceiling" had this option, as we have the option of sweep and reveal in the command "wall"

download.jpg

Tags (3)
pieter7
Advisor

We need this in every project. A sweep option for ceilings would we a great solution. Ideally these would schedule as well. 

nicolaufreitas
Enthusiast

Wouldn't it be possible to insert a cornice in the ceilings? something similar to the slab edge but to put profiles in the borders of the ceilings!

Thanks a lot!

samuelsanf
Advisor

Wall Function can be assigned to "Soffit", so I think the correct way to model this is using walls (some times a cleanup is needed); but that isn't allways intuitive. So, maybe wall (as soffit) tool must visibe on the ceiling dropdown arrow beside the tool botton on the ribbon.

timonwanga
Contributor

The ability to add profile based ceiling edge like in floors would be great

Mark_Engwirda
Collaborator

You are so right about this idea and its the only viable way of doing cornices etc.
I still can't believe that people are trying to sell the idea of using wall sweeps as a solution for a cornice cause that just turns out to be a full-on mess!

floraJEGHZ
Explorer

Yes, please! Adding edges to ceilings would be a very helpful feature. Walls are too messy.

KentBurns
Advocate

There's a lot of similar suggestions, so I'm just going through to vote for them all as it would save a lot of life to be implemented.

Essential for cornicing and floating ceilings. At the moment, we're dealing with teams doing bits of walls or in-place models 

boristLYRLR
Explorer

If the Ceiling Edge idea ever gets implemented (as it should!), please make the edge taggable.

CEdwardsUN5MX
Enthusiast

Only 6 years since this was posted...another 10 years, and Autodesk might even look at the idea.

[I'd go /s but sadly this is not sarcasm but how fast Autodesk deliver 'upgrades']

Ar_vxv
Enthusiast

Because of this silly omission. I still use floor to create the ceiling. Lots and lots of other silly things we have to deal with Revit. Gurus and software developers call it "How Revit Works" or "Features"...lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report