Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close views from the Switch Windows list

Close views from the Switch Windows list

Please include a Close File 'X' in the Switch Windows pull down. This will help close one or two windows easier than it is now. It could be a little X next to the window name. We have a macro level 'close all hidden' and we can close the current window, but sometimes we need to close multiple, but not all windows.

This should be a really easy feature to add.

Thank you for your consideration.

8 Comments
ids_jboswell
Contributor

Currently you must open a view to close it. It would save time to have the ability to close a view from the view drop list without having to open the view first then close it. You would select the Switch Windows drop list and have the option to open a view or close one or more views.

Tags (2)
mpwuzhere
Advisor

Wouldn't the "Close Hidden Windows" button be faster/easier?

jkidder
Collaborator

@mpwuzhere Not necessarily.  Close hidden windows is useful when you want to close a bunch of windows and only keep one open, but it becomes the lesser of two evils when you have 5 views you want to keep open and 5 you want to close - will it take you longer to open the views you want to close and close them, or close everything and then reopen the views you need?

I'd love a way to "pin" views in the open windows dialog so that I could close unneeded views but keep a couple needed reference views open continuously (such as two floor plans, or a floor plan and a schedule). 

mpwuzhere
Advisor

@jkidder

You can also type WT which will tile all the windows on your screen....then you can close which ones you want.

If a window is minimized, it won't tile, but you cannot have your windows maximized for that to work.

lionel.kai
Advisor
!Dalton_Goodwin!
Advocate

I do not like to tile my windows because sometimes I have views that are opened in a particular way. I think the (x) idea is great!

!Dalton_Goodwin!
Advocate

Close windows from the Switch windows tab. I think this is a great idea. Window tile is a solution to this if you don't mind reconfiguring your windows back which I find inefficient. Especially if I am working on a family which I usually have 4 windows configured in a specific way.

If you think this is a good I idea go here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/close-views-from-the-switch-windows-list/idc-p/7612496#M1... and vote it up.

2017-12-10_22-33-58.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report