Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Tabbed Views

Close Tabbed Views

I'm really liking the tabbed views, and especially that I can have tiled views side-by-side each with their own tabs. But I find that as I open multiple tabs in each tile, it would be nice if I could right-click somewhere up on the tabs and do something like "Close Other Tabs" or "Close All Tabs To The Right". The Close Inactive Tabs button is great but it does it to both tiles.

13 Comments
pascal.robben
Enthusiast

Yes bring back the Revit 2018 (and earlier Revit versions) option to close all, except the one that is open/current

close views.JPG

scbunker
Collaborator

Just like in Chrome Browser:

2018-12-03_13-38-06.png

And, hey, why not a "Close Left", too?

And Pin Tab would also be nice. Often, I'm working in one or two views, but have to go to a bunch of other views for various reasons (sections, 3D, etc.), but I eventually need to close all of those and go back to where I was working. The "Close Other Tabs" function could then close all non-pinned tabs.

This is essentially the Tabbed Browsing version of the former Close Hidden.

elenaRVW5T
Community Visitor

The button used to close excess open windows was removed in an update to 2019, and this is quite bothersome because it was a useful feature even after the switch to the tab display for open views at the top of the model space because sometimes I want to close everything but the window in which I am currently working. This is particularly useful when I have a large project with many views I must frequently open/cycle through, and it becomes easier to open each view again rather than dig through the list of tabs, so I want the quick option for closing them all. Closing 20 windows by clicking the X on their tabs is not a practical use of time. Thank you for considering this idea.

add_oz
Participant

The button is still there - in the ribbon menu - you just have to re-add it to the Quick Access Toolbar.

In the "View" tab on the ribbon menu, right click on the "Close Inactive" command and "Add to Quick Access Toolbar".

elenaRVW5T
Community Visitor

Thank you! I have successfully re-added this button to my quick-access toolbar!

scbunker
Collaborator
pascal.robben
Enthusiast

Under view the button " close inactive" is available. You can add it to the quick access toolbar

Capture.JPG

scbunker
Collaborator

@pascal.robben, true: but the OP and my post is requesting additional features, such as "Close Right", similar to most tabbed browsers, such as Chrome. "Close Other" should also be in a tab right-click menu in order to be consistent with what is common in other tabbed browsers.

ryan.fenyves
Explorer

I would like to see some options when I right click on view tabs such as "Close Inactive".

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor
Also standard Windows options: - Minimize - Maximize - Close
johanwall
Enthusiast

This is a simple but great idea. I don't think it's essential, but indeed handy.

americo.teixeira
Explorer

Mine is grey out 

rlackowskiYBPJP
Explorer

I would also like a way to divide the tabs based on project file. When I have enough tabs open, i can't tell if the tabs are from project A or project B since we use the same naming convention across all our projects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report