Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom of Pipe Tag

Bottom of Pipe Tag

Please create or access the top/bottom of pipe as a usable parameter for tagging. It's available for Fabrication components, why not for regular Revit pipe? The spot elevation tool is our only current workaround, but we cannot effectively combine that data with a pipe tag that presents other information. 

Thanks,

Tom

14 Comments
patilST
Enthusiast

Need to add Bottom of Pipe in revit for taggin.

gbeath
Contributor

You can use the spot elevation tool and have it report the BOP.

This works great for me as i can tag pipes that cross and show the elevations at that spot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Give the ability to get the Bottom of Pipe Elevation, and have multiple leaders like with annotations, for objects at the same elevation.

patilST
Enthusiast

HI..

Greetings...!!

Direct BOP tag is not possible in revit..I would suggest you to use Spot elevation to place BOP as tag is element base any value in tag to element is same at all elevations.. spot elevation give you point specifc value..if you move value will also change along inclined pipe if it has slope.

Hope this solves your issue...

Always ask if in doubt..

Regards,

Sunil

benno.toorn
Advocate

Right now the offset of the pipeline is calculated from the centerline (placeholder). But in reality (in the field) it's always calculated from the bottom pipeline, bottom of the pipes inner circle or top of the pipeline. Right now we always need to add the radius to the offset to get the right minimum or maximum height. If the radius has to be changed, we also need to adjust the heights of all the pipelines. If we could set the placeholder as bottom, inner bottom or top of the pipeline, it'll should save a lot of time and prevents miscalculations.

We also have full-automatic excavators to dig sleeves for the pipelines, but they need the bottom of the pipelines in DWG. Right now we export a DWG from Revit and need to offest all centerlines with the pipe radiusses to and reconnect them all in AutoCAD. This is very time consuming and unnecessary if we could set the pipelines centerline as bottom of the pipe.

It is already possible to adjust the Horizontal and Vertical Justification, but we would like to see the placeholder moves with it. If its possible, it would be great to have all horizontal pipes as bottom and all vertical pipes as center of the same system. We hope this will be added to the next update. It would really improve the BIM to Field (and back) workflow.

harmenverburg
Enthusiast

If we want to tag the actual center elevation, a workaround could be to add a calculated parameter, but this won't work for round ducts (creating a new type in the family would work, but 

When creating a Duct tag, the following parameters are available:

Bottom Elevation

Start Offset

End Offset

Top Elevation

Missing parameter:

Offset (Center elevation)

For Pipes the following parameters are available when creating a tag:

Start Offset

End Offset

Missing parameters:

Bottom Elevation

Offset (Center elevation)

Top Elevation

arthur
Advocate

our company has been looking for this solution as well.

one tag to show pipe size, system, slope, and bottom of pipe elevation from finished floor as shown below.

ANNO TAG.JPG

benno.toorn
Advocate

Thanks for combining these ideas

EckdahlRD
Enthusiast

I would also be happy with a native parameter for pipe centerline and invert (inner).  This would greatly improve efficiency and reduce the risk that someone using a spot elevation tag doesn't pick the wrong line (like the outside of the pipe instead of the inside).

gbeath
Contributor
I agree a separate function for just pipes would be better as i have mistakenly tagged a pipe thinking it was tagging the bottom, when it was doing the center line.
Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We're closing this as implemented as there were changes in 2020 release enabling "access the top/bottom of pipe as a usable parameter for tagging."

If there are additional separate / related requests, please feel free to create a new Idea.

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

c.barribaud
Enthusiast

How to add NGF into tag without using dynamo or spot elevation ?

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report