Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic highlight of selected items in Project Browser

Automatic highlight of selected items in Project Browser

Automatic highlight of selected items is absolutely necessary. When i select a viewport in a sheet i need Revit to highlight it in the Project Browser. It is difficult to eyeball what view i select in a sheet when i'm having dozens of views on that sheet. And vice-versa too: when i select a view in the Project Browser i need Revit to open the corresponding sheet and highlight that particular/selected view.

P.S.It is frustrating and time-consuming to guess/find out what i select and where-is-located in the Project Browser and in a sheet. Especially when the drawings are created by other various people, having different composition styles.

3 Comments
CFNBen
Advocate

Please make this an option rather than forced! I do not want this feature!

If you are not already aware: right click a view in the project browser and select "Open Sheet" to go straight to the sheet the view is placed on.

ipselute
Advisor

@CFNBen: Of course this should be an option. Everybody should have the opportunity to make a project at their own pace.

shadi_siavash
Community Visitor

I have the same problem. I need to be able to select an element in perspective and at the same time its 3D view in project browser get highlighted.  Is there this possibilty in Revit?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report