Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Answer Day: Schedule wall layers with materials and thicknesses

Autodesk Answer Day: Schedule wall layers with materials and thicknesses

You cannot create schedule of wall types and it's layers with their thicnesses, why is this still unavailable?

Here in Europe, we do not use Keynotes, and (as I can see) it will never going to be accepted, so we need to do it 'old way' and that is to give our walls Type Marks and schedule each wall type with it's layers, their materials, some comments (maybe descriptions) and, of course, thickness of each layer.

6 Comments
philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Kimtaurus
Advisor

Aside from being able to schedule the layers, we should also be able to tag them with a wall tag (instead of several material tags per wall)

Sidenote: "Here in Europe, we do not use Keynotes" Yes we do. In Belgium, they're used for the article number based on the specification list. (Create a custom Keynote list).

leszkens
Explorer

It seems stupid that you can not take the info which already existing in Revit, why?

Davidow
Contributor

I'm having this trouble too.

Not being able to use Wall Layer Thickness in takeoffs is Close to outrageous!

Sure, you can work around it by manually adding parameters to the wall that identify the thickness of it's layers but that's pretty much the opposite of BIM and worthless in big Projects.

Mirko.Jurcevic
Collaborator

Hi,

I could not wait anymore so I solved this by myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuzDGQm7BkA&feature=youtu.be

I will share this with whoever needs it. For free.

I am going into process of publishing it into Autodesk Revit App store, if you cannot wait, find me on linkedin I will provide you all the necessary files.

Mirko.Jurcevic
Collaborator

Add-in for scheduling layers of layered structures in Revit is published on March 17th on Autodesk app store:

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=7780462665166729539&appLang=en&os=Win64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report