Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Panel Circuiting to start at a number other than 1

Allow Panel Circuiting to start at a number other than 1

For a Two-section Panel(sub fed lugs), I would like to be able to start a panel circuiting at 43, rather than 1. Right now, we work around by using one panel that is 84 circuits, and put a dummy panel for the second section in order to show on plan that we have two panels side by side.

However, the preferred method for our company standards is to have 2 separate panel schedules, named "Section 1" and "Section 2". Section 1 is 1-42, Section 2 is 43-84.

14 Comments
jaboone
Advocate

I would support somthing like this if we assign any circuit number we wanted when assigneing a wire to a circuit.  There are a lot of things that are messed up about wirning and this is a small percentage of the huge list of things that needs to be fixed.

David_Robison
Advocate

A "Starting Circuit Number" value for panels would be great. The default value would be 1. You could change it to a specific value when you have multi-section panels. You could choose 43 for a second panel section, and 85 for a third panel section.

Allow the designer to specify any integer to provide as much flexibility as possible. There is no need to try to restrict it.

gseilerA6YML
Enthusiast

Here here!  This item should be fairly simple for the dev team to address.  Give us Electrical folks some love!

pem
Observer
Observer

I am needing this desperately in my office, as I have only one engineer that use a single section 84 pole panel. Everyone is on my case to do 2 section panels and show numbering starting at something other then 1.

glenbob305
Advocate

@Anonymous Working with Revit unfortunately means explaining to PEs that the program can't do it and that's just that.  Revit's dev team leaves us hanging with items like this and we have to basically say "this can't be done" without resorting to ridiculous workarounds like exporting the panel schedules to CAD and manually circuiting.  

The workaround we use is just providing one long panel schedule for multi tub panels.  84 poles in one panel schedule for 2x42, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can we resolve this issue with starting circuit?  This is starting to be a major issue with client requests and existing conditions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

additionally, in my searches for a method to achieve this and the feature has been constantly requested every year since Revit 2009 was released.

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for submitting your idea, and the comments posted thus far.  We are marking this idea as accepted, and are investigating some improvements related to this.  If you would like to provide further feedback on these capabilities, we would be happy to involve you in our beta program (Revit Preview).  Reach out to revit.preview.access@autodesk.com to join!

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk

Hi -- thanks to those of you that provided comments here participated in our preview program on this. Note that the new release of Revit 2020 now includes a feed through lugs option, and the ability to have circuit numbers that continue from one panel to the next.

If after you've had a chance to utilize the new functionality there are additional capabilities you are looking for, please post them to Revit Ideas.  

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

cody.clegg
Observer

I have 3 panels that are tied back to one panel and I am needing them sequentialy numbered but it is only allowing me to have one panel sequentially numbered. Is there a way to put in a manual start number for the circuit numbers? 

Panel L10A

Panel L10B  (Circuited from L10A)

Panel L10C  (Circuited from L10A)

Panel L10D  (Circuited from L10A)

Right now only B can be sequentially numbered off of A. If there is a way to put in a manual start circuit number for C and D that would be great!

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk

@cody.clegg - there's no way to manually start circuit numbers.. but if your end goal is something like this...

Panel A : 1-42

Panel B : 43-84

Panel C : 85-126

Panel D : 127-168

see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukRiZ7B9_V8

I'm curious, how are all 3 sub-panels connected to the main panel... do you have some sort of triple lug on the feed through... or perhaps on the incoming lugs?  or some other configuration?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report