Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow C4R seats to be managed by more than one person

Allow C4R seats to be managed by more than one person

This isn't strictly Revit related, but cloud services didn't seem to have an equivalent Ideas forum.  Compared to other Autodesk programs C4R requires more management because the licences don't spool from a server. For this reason it would be helpful to be able to assign several people to manage assignments of C4R and Team seats, so that if one person is unavailable other people may be able to shift seats as needed. The easiest way to do it would be to assign a backup software coordinator.

6 Comments
Ian.Ceicys
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

AdamPeter
Autodesk

Hello @jkidder, this is currently possible by adding a Software Coordinator to the contract.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/subscription-management/users-per...

Thanks,

jkidder
Collaborator

It is possible to add ONE person as a software coordinator.  I would like to identify ~ 3 people who have the ability to add more than one as stated in my original post.

"For this reason it would be helpful to be able to assign several people to manage assignments of C4R and Team seats, so that if one person is unavailable other people may be able to shift seats as needed. The easiest way to do it would be to assign a backup software coordinator."

This idea has not been implemented.

lionel.kai
Advisor

Definitely agree - this is NOT implemented. But even better than this idea would just be to allow the licenses to "float" like our regular in-office network licenses. It's really a pain in the but to switch them back and forth - so much so that I'm considering just creating "license accounts" (instead of user accounts), but then you'd never know who had done what.

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report