Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align sections

Align sections

The Align command is a very useful little tool. But on sections its not allowed, it would be great to just create a section, align it to whatever and start working. 

Same with crop view window, and 3d section box

20 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe it or not: "under review," might want to head over and vote this one up too.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/more-control-over-view-placement-on-sheets/idi-p/6322676

Magnus.B
Advocate
Cool, looks like I'm not the first to be annoyed over this.
mark.silcock
Advocate

Yes agree,

Made a video workaround back when I started using Revit hence the black background!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3bF8pPoS4&index=7&list=PLn6xofKP6n9xCfDEA2T4t4dv4DYzFuoKG

Magnus.B
Advocate
Yes, thats how I do it to, but it's a pain to not be able to snap to anything.
SeanWitheFSL
Participant

I think it would be a good idea to be able to align a section view to a line already in the drawing. This would save time rather than using the rotation tool.

Tags (5)
MJB-online
Participant

Hi Sean,

That's a great idea!

In my opinion a section view should also have a snapable centerpoint(startpoint).

In this way you can place it exactly where you want it.

And if it could be aligned to an existing line (as you suggested), the whole thing would be complete

schlueter
Advocate
MJB-online
Participant

Hi wspMagnus,

That's a great idea!

In my opinion a section view should also have a snapable centerpoint(startpoint).

In this way you can place it exactly where you want it (the center of a circle for example).

And if it could be aligned to an existing line (as you suggested), the whole thing would be complete.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Magnus.B
Advocate
Yes! A center point is a great addition.
scott_dakin2
Collaborator

Having it be centre-snap capable would be great, also it would be nice if you could snap the start and finish points.

It doesn't even rotate around the centre of the line.

SeanWitheFSL
Participant

I've noticed that when you use the rotation tool that it doesn't anchor to the actual line itself but instead slightly away from it as well. Some thing's like this I would have thought a big company link Autodesk would notice when designing but never mind aye.. Hopefully this gets enough "likes" and they implement it soon.

mp_thompson
Advocate

This drives me nuts. Surely it should be simple to implement the ability to align/move/rotate a section line by selecting it

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be a great improvement!

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

maryko
Enthusiast

This feature would speed up working very very much in many projects.  I wonder when it will be possible to align/rotate or even move a section simply by selecting its line.

Magnus.B
Advocate

Looks like this will get real in the 19.1 release

https://youtu.be/e3oSJU7kmiw

mp_thompson
Advocate

Thanks for highlighting this @Magnus.B

Happy days!

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We are happy to announce the addition of this functionality to 2019.1. Check out the what's new blog post for a list of all the updated functionality. Thanks for voting!

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report