Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add View information to Detail Item (Detail Component) Schedules

add View information to Detail Item (Detail Component) Schedules

I notice that we now have "Project Information" Fields available in addition to the "Detail Items" parameters. However, there is still no way to see what view the Detail Components are in!

In my case, I'm trying to clean up our detail library - there's a bunch of old/duplicate families that I want to replace. I can't just select all and change the families (because they have instance parameters that need to be kept). I'd like to just make a Schedule and list what View each one is in (and/or what Sheet & Detail Number would be nice, too - but that info's in our view name as well).

Other possible uses I can imagine: if someone wanted to get counts of DCs by what Level they're on (by pulling the Associated Level of the View they're in), or filter by View Type (ignoring DCs in Drafting Views, for example).

This is the DC version of my AS wish here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/add-view-information-to-note-blocks-annotation-symbol-sche...

I've noticed that Autodesk has been splitting up related ideas (into more granular components), so instead of posting a combined "add View Information to Note Block & Detail Item Schedules" idea, I've created two now (to avoid losing votes later). PLEASE VOTE FOR BOTH!

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

The view name is also the default workset for detail components, so could be as simple as being able to schedule the workset?

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

lionel.kai
Advisor

FYI, for my WORKAROUND,

• I open a copy of the project and enable Worksharing.
  • I select/create a type of the element I'm interested in,
    • "Select All Instances > In Entire Project",
    • use "IDs of Selection", and
    • copy the element IDs into a Notepad window.
  • Then I copy each ID individually and
    • use "Select by ID" in the workshared project to see the "Workset" property of the element (which is the view it's in).
  • I do the editing in the original (non-workshared) version to preserve the file lock (so no one else will open/edit it while I'm cleaning it up).
    • Sometimes/often, if there are multiple instances in the same view, I can just select all in view & get the IDs to delete from the text file (faster than copy-pasting each one later). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report