Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Search Feature to Visibility Graphics Dialogue

Add Search Feature to Visibility Graphics Dialogue

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to search the Visibility Graphics for Model and Annotation Categories

VG_Search.jpg

6 Comments
CVDemick
Advocate

This would be extremely helpful. For instance, we turn off the ADA Clearances for our Ductwork Shop Drawings. It would be very efficient to do a search for *ADA*Clearance* (Or *ADA*) and find everything that needed to be switched off at once instead of having to search through the Doors, Plumbing Fixtures, Generic Models, Lines etc... Categories to switch them off.  

wr.marshall
Advisor

Have a search Feature to search for a given OS/VG in the OS/VG windows. Similar to searching a layer in AutoCAD Layer Window. Will allow one to quickly find the Object Style even if it's on a different tab i.e. you are on the model category tab be the item you are looking for might be on the annotation category tab. When you start your search narrows down this list then when you select it it will jump to the tab and position where it is located. Search Idea.jpg

scbunker
Collaborator
wr.marshall
Advisor
e.fromont
Contributor

Please do this, I thought of this today, and found this idea!

wr.marshall
Advisor

@kimberly.fuhrman this was implemented with Revit 2022.1 update. However as per my comment above If I was on the model categories and say wanted to turn off sections under the annotation categories the search feature doesn't allow this.

catogory search.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report