Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add parameters to Revision

Add parameters to Revision

If we could add Parameters to Revisions (Shared etc.) then most companies could do revisions they way they want. We are currently limited but the fixed parameters.

Ideally when we add parameter we could choose if they are Visible in the Revision on Sheet Dialog.

43 Comments
yearoutda
Enthusiast

Adding additional parameters to the Revision Schedule would be helpful as would the ability to adjust the line spacing.

Tags (2)
Gary_Barley
Contributor

I would like to be able to add user specific shared parameters to the schedule.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The ability to add shared parameters to the Revision Schedule.  The OTB works fine for my company but when I get clients Titleblocks they have more parameters that need to be apart of the schedule.

Tags (3)
Chris_D_UK
Advocate

This would allow us to implement a properly working version of alphanumeric revisions, instead of the broken version the factory has given us.

scott_dakin2
Collaborator

If Autodesk could automate the revision system to work with BS1192 parameters, that would be great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott dakin regarding BS1192 I now believe this is possible. You need to use Numeric with P prefix for pre-contract stage and when the project goes to Contract stage ie C1, use the alphanumeric one

I don't believe you can put the status in the revision box though.

Capture1.PNG

scott_dakin2
Collaborator

Unfortunately some drawings would be Provisional while some would be Construction (or WIP and Shared). SO a global prefix doesn't work.

We use a shared parameter which we set separately for each sheet. It's not ideal but it works.

Chris_D_UK
Advocate

Scott's correct - it's individual sheets that get raised to Construction Status as and when they are approved, not a whole project. Alphanumeric revisioning is broken and needs fixing.

Yien_Chao
Advisor

simple and useful for tracking revision comments. why couldn't we?

Furquan_A
Contributor

Yeah. I think its right Instead of Finding in Revision Clouds one By one  Sheets or Views we can Find in Schedule also

jkidder
Collaborator

I agree we should be able to add parameters to revision clouds.  They already have a comment parameter, but it can't be scheduled (I use dynamo to get the report, but it's an annoying extra step)

dazza1639
Advocate

Revisions have been broken since their inception and have always required workarounds or addins to make them work. the trouble is that sheets get individual revisions but the model also gets revisions so having either or, project verses sheet revisions you need to issue both. Also we are quite often asked to prefix revisions with an issue purpose such as S3 = For information , S4 = For Comment / Approval. 

pieter5
Advisor

This would be very helpful on the condition that these parameters would be accessible in:

- the revision tag

- the revision schedule in titleblocks (both to show AND to filter on)

- the sheet list in the project

- ideally represented in the revision dialog as an extra column per extra parameter

That way, every office could build their own revision system that works for them.

lionel.kai
Advisor

Specifically, a "Comments" field would be very helpful. The "Description" (which is shown on sheet) isn't always descriptive enough, so we sometimes have to document the scope and purpose of each revision elsewhere (or hijack "Issued to" or "Issued by" and hope it's never needed). Being able to create an alternate "Revision No." would also help with this: Allow duplicate Revision Numbers

martijn.pellekaan
Contributor

Dear Readers of the Community and Developers at Autodesk,

This week I have been thinking about another idea to apply in Revit.

While developing a new Revit Template, I was wondering about Revisions.

Revisions in Revit, why can I not Edit these?

By just adding a few simple functions in the Sheet Issues/Revisions Tab's Interface, Would it not be better to give consistent data to your Sheets in Revit?

Per example; my customer (who is asking me to create the template) wants to add information to his titleblocks along the Revisions such as "Issue Approved by" and "Approval Date"

Nowadays we have to create Textual shared parameters that can be added to the sheet.

To use these parameters the engineer has to fill in these individual parameters hand by hand.

It is not even that big of a waste of time, but the consistancy of information is just inconsistent.

My opinion about this is that this workflow is not the nicest solution, but the best yet so far i know.

So my question is: Can we make this Better?

Maybe Autodesk could add the parameters that I require, because you are super cool people and you make great software ? Smiley Wink

Or maybe just the option that we could add our own parameters to this tab, that would be nice too.

In the image below i have made a drawing of what I am trying to say.

I hope I have made my point well!

I would love to see this in one of the next versions of Revit.

Do you share this idea? Link yours to mine so we could hit this to the front page!

Yours Truly, 

Martijn Pellekaan

idea of User interface.idea of User interface.

LyleHardin
Advisor

I stumbled across this in my Google search, "add fields to Revisions".

I'll add my vote to allow users to add Available Fields to the Revision Properties.

Heck yeah!

callum.hale
Explorer

ANY UPGRADE ON THIS TOOL WOULD BE GREAT ITS SO LIMITING AT THE MOMENT THAT WE HAVE TO REVISE USING A REVISION BAR SYMBOL AND JUST NOT USE THE FUNCTION.

@chris_mckeown wrote:

If we could add Parameters to Revisions (Shared etc.) then most companies could do revisions they way they want. We are currently limited but the fixed parameters.

Ideally when we add parameter we could choose if they are Visible in the Revision on Sheet Dialog.

Radish_G
Collaborator

@martijn.pellekaan,

Wow it's a good idea.

Rivera-Artes
Advocate

It will be great if we can have the capability to add parameters to the revision cloud, one example is a URL parameter to link RFI, ASI AND PR data.

GHASEM_ARIYANI
Advisor

Hello Autodesk Team

Add Custome parameter in the Revision Clouds with Project Parameter and Revision Clouds As a very useful tool, it should be more flexible.

Unfortunately, this tool is already very much present Strict Behaves.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report