Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Foreground, Background option for all DWG linked files

Add Foreground, Background option for all DWG linked files

Now when you import or link the dwg file to your model, in the insert view if you check the "current view only" box, then you have the option to set your DWG drawing foreground or background the model. But if you do not check the box then this option will not be available. 

I would like to have this available for both ways.

5.png3.png

4 Comments
schlueter
Advocate

Would be nice if there were some more options. Like we say in germany .... at the moment we need to decide between pest or cholera.

Foreground:

Linked DWGs cover up all 3d elements in revit. This is nice if you want to do some kind of interference check but if you want to place some kind of thrid party interior plan this is not working.

2017-03-28_15h24_29.jpg

Background:

This is just working for some kind of landscape oder location plans because any floor will be infront of the linked dwg file. Ok so you can hide the floor .... wait what? No way. Ok so you can just give the floor some surface transparancy ... wait what? Noooo... So every plan is raster processing and no vector processing anymore. I don't think so.

2017-03-28_15h30_38.jpg

So i don't know the perfect way but for us it would be nice if we could put the dwg or linked file view on the layer just on top of the floor.

2017-03-28_15h38_57.jpg

schlueter
Advocate

Ok we could use positioning in the model. This looks like the way we want it but then we have the linked dwg in every section, 3d and elevation view. If you use a linked-file-container.rtv its only working correct in the floorplan it was position in.

2017-03-28_15h50_21.jpg

cSol
Advocate

We use a 2d-dwg-file-container.rvt and it works just very well. In elevations and 3d-views we just hide the linked 2d-dwg.rvt. 

ganthappan
Explorer

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report