Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add details to "This operation could not be completed" error messages

Add details to "This operation could not be completed" error messages

It appears that whenever Revit has any kind of issues with a network connection or connection to Revit server, it is only able to display the following generic error dialog to the user:

Capture(1).JPG

onc.png

This dialog is not at all helpful in identifying what may be wrong with the model, server, or network. In all cases when a user is shown this message I end up having open up and search through their journal file in an attempt to figure out what's going on.

I understand that proper UX design typically does not expose internal error messages directly to the user. However, a message this generic is essentially useless. 

It would be great if the detail about the exception thrown on the user's computer, or server were accessible through the actual error dialog

1 Comment
MichaelWolff
Advisor

It is 2023 now and I get this in an ACC project:

20231101 155001-Sync With Central.png

Which one of the two statements is correct? The project team say they all get this message when synchronizing. The Sync goes through despite the message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report