Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actually delete deleted shared project parameters out of the project

Actually delete deleted shared project parameters out of the project

This might not be a very common issue. But if you add a shared parameter as project parameter in your Revit project and delete this on a certain moment, then the shared parameter with the GUID (unique id) value remains stored in the project somewhere which you can not see from the User Interface. Causing the following:

• So I add this shared parameter to the project: Volume 01 
  • I delete this parameter.
  • For some very good reason, the Shared Parameter file is edited causing parameter Volume 01, being rewritten to volume_01.  
  • If you now add the shared parameter volume_01 to the project it will read out the original Volume 01 value and display it under the original group.

So as you will see the original value and it's group value remain stored in the project even if it is deleted.

I know you should not rename shared parameter names etc.but Revit should also delete stuff that is meant and requested to be deleted!

Hope Autodesk fixes this issue.

With kind regards,

Kelly Pelzer

2 Comments
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report