Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to export/import filters

Ability to export/import filters

Wish list for an ability to import/export filters between revit models.

4 Comments
casquatch
Collaborator

This is possible through the transfer project standards tool on the Manage tab. Is there something else that you are looking for?

jkidder
Collaborator

@casquatch One of the problems with transfer project standards is you can transfer none or all and I think get a choice about overwriting ones with the same name.  There isn't a method to transfer one out of 50 filters.  I don't have an opinion about import/export vs transfer project standards, but more granular control is needed.  An efficient way to copy settings of applied filters between templates and projects would also be useful.

casquatch
Collaborator

@jkidder, I would agree, but the original idea was for a way, and there is. Autodesk seems to want these ideas very specific.

It would be nice to have a simple quick way of bringing them across, preferably like the Insert View from file tool where you choose to "Transfer project standards from a file", with granular options for selecting what you are bringing across (down to individual items, like the Purge tool).

As for the current setup...

Often times I will open a new blank file, transfer to that and remove any items that I don't want to transfer to a new file.  After I have that cleaned up, I then transfer again from the new file into the project I wanted to just grab a few things from.

No, not ideal or quick, but it does at least give me what I want and not extra trash from the older project I'm transferring from.

BUT, I do totally agree there needs to be a simple way to make this happen.

Thank you everyone.  I think that having the ability to export out a specific filter, versus all that's in the model would be efficient.  To bring in all, but only need one, that creates more trouble than it's worth.  This is similar to Navisworks views, where, before you can export any views, you pretty have to manually delete all other views prior to exporting. Otherwise, you end up having other views that you don't need also.  Good discussion, though.  Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report