Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D PDF printing support

2D PDF printing support

Not exactly an original idea, but provide a built-in PDF printer

102 Comments
ramon697348385
Contributor

I do not understand why this is top voted?..

2d printing is more and more the past..is my opinion

forenow there is still printing aquired

I can think of beter ideas already posted..

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

Different things are important to different people.

If there are other ideas more important to you, feel free to upgrade them.

That's kind of the point of this voting system.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager

We have adjusted the title and contents of this idea to reflect the functionality under review by the Revit team. Check out the separate ideas for PDF linking and 3D PDF if you are interested. Thanks for voting!

Gert_Verhage
Explorer

Is it possible  to added a standard pdf printer to Revit, as in Autocad.

adrian.calabria
Advocate
Agree. Also having to click save for every sheet is quite painful
c.barribaud
Enthusiast

We never only have ONE paper size for all of project sheets.
So PLEASE make paper size configuration by sheet not by project !!

chris.cromer
Contributor

Great idea!  And it seems like this issue is "Under Review" by Autodesk already, see this Idea post:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/2d-pdf-printing-support/idi-p/6325091

It is definitely horrible need to dowload a pdf creator plug in to plot something at REVIT

At AUTOCAD it was very easy, because already have a model to plot as .pdf.

I am definitely very sab about it.

Simon_Weel
Advisor
dbroad
Mentor

Agree here. There should be consistency.  I have Adobe Acrobat so this doesn't affect me but is would affect many others.

susana.duarte
Advocate

Some city halls ask for PDFs with layers, to control visibility. Revit don't do that, so we have to do those projects in autocad and not Revit. Big handicap.

WKopp
Contributor

As this idea is not exactly what I have in mind but it's pretty close I will comment here. The problem is that up to now most clients want PDF files for their archive or whatever. Revit requires each sheet to be opened and than execute the print command and type the filename. This is far too complicated....

The idea I just posted is about "exporting" to Revit in order to export all selected sheets with the Revit view name in one command, like it does for DWG. This is a big time saver.

It would be great if you could read my idea, comment on it and/or vote for it. 

cheers

wolfgang

Zentraplan
Explorer

Yes, 2D PDF is very important and 3D PDF would be also very nice and helpful

bartvo90
Explorer

I would be helpful to give naming settings to exported pdf files like the bullzip printer.

Maybe with the project parameters: <Date>_<Project Number>_<Sheet Number>_<Sheet Name>

170220_W-17-0000_SO-01_Plan.pdf

Already mentioned but the pdf printer has to be able sort on print size and print various sizes by each other.

namingpng.png

filipefrancisco
Collaborator

Yes good suggestion

eric_doan
Explorer

A built-in PDF printer would be awesome!

Plus, API support similar to what we have for DWG export would be perfect. Direct control over output file name and location will be a huge time saver.

document.export (folder, name, views, PDF export options)

pieter7
Advisor

And please, make it so that sheet lists are actual hyperlinks! (just like call out and section bubbles are)

lionel.kai
Advisor

@pieter7 I suspect that Autodesk will want that as a separate idea thread (since including a built-in PDF printer, and changing WHAT gets sent to it - or any PDF printer, are two different things), so could you create one & link to it here? That way we can vote on it, too.

aleksei.melnikov
Contributor

It would be great if The New Revit PDF Export could export lines thinner than 0.085mm (0.003 in) because such limitations are useless, now it cause many differences between what you see in Revit and what you print.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

aleksei.melnikov
Contributor

Now printed PDF looks different from the revit viewport because of thickness limitation

(sorry for the duplicating)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report